It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

was ATS down???

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 12:26 AM
link   
oooo yes that was a bad one, didnt look like it was planned. So i dont think SO could have warned us.

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 12:28 AM
link   
I guess the tubes were clogged!?

See Skeptic, I told you, this internet isnt just some dumb truck, its a series of tubes!

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 12:28 AM
link   
oddly enough on the link in the error i went to it and as soon as i did ats came back on.. odd. coincidence? or conspiracy? lol

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Yeah!
What in the name of Jupiter and all its friggin moons is happening??
ATS got stuck again. And this was the trite message:

Warning: file(): php_hostconnect: connect failed in /home/abovetopsecret/public_html/forum/header.php on line 898

Warning: file(blog.abovetopsecret.com...): failed to open stream: Connection timed out in /home/abovetopsecret/public_html/forum/header.php on line 898

Warning: implode(): Bad arguments. in /home/abovetopsecret/public_html/forum/header.php on line 898
Lost connection to MySQL server during query

Happy surfin' !!

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Server Break

Originally posted by mikesingh
What in the name of Jupiter and all its friggin moons is happening??

You took the words right out of my mouth.

Looks to me like a database problem, maybe the MySQL server froze up or died or something.

But hey, we're back.

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Yikes...

Database problems?

DOS attack?

Virus? (nah... running LINUX)

RAID issues?

... other?

Waiting for the official statement.

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 02:53 AM
link   
I've noticed this happening on least three occasions at the same time of day (6:00am GMT - plus/minus a couple of minutes) and it usually stays down for about 25 minutes. Check the time if it happens again. I bet it'll be 6 am (GMT) and down for 25 minutes...

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zarniwoop
Yikes...

Database problems?

DOS attack?

Virus? (nah... running LINUX)

RAID issues?

... other?

Waiting for the official statement.

It was just a MySql database crash, it happens to every forum run on XMB and many other platform. There is no conspiracy just downtime. See when you buy hosting you are only guaranteed it to work a certain amount of time, normally between 95%-99.9%. Plus a site as big as this is bound to have the occasional database problem. Things like this just happen.

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL
ATS was down again

come on SO, give us a warning next time

I'm increasingly concerned that the new "massive-fast and expensive" hardware we obtained from The Planet is either buggy or improperly configured (from a hardware perspective).

On paper, the new database server has more than twice the processing power and four times the RAM of our previous dedicated database server, but it is not providing any significant increase in performance.

Unfortunately, we're now engaged in the hunt (again) for a better solution.

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellmutt
I've noticed this happening on least three occasions at the same time of day (6:00am GMT - plus/minus a couple of minutes) and it usually stays down for about 25 minutes. Check the time if it happens again. I bet it'll be 6 am (GMT) and down for 25 minutes...

yes, i noticed, too, that it occurs on a certain time...

the time from where i live (new york) that this problem occurs is about 1:30 am...

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
I'm increasingly concerned that the new "massive-fast and expensive" hardware we obtained from The Planet is either buggy or improperly configured (from a hardware perspective).

On paper, the new database server has more than twice the processing power and four times the RAM of our previous dedicated database server, but it is not providing any significant increase in performance.

Unfortunately, we're now engaged in the hunt (again) for a better solution.

thanks SO

sorry that it's not working the way it should...

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 06:17 PM
link   
let me let me....GEORGE BUSH AND TONY BLAIR WERE GETTING READY TO NUKE IRAN, SYRIA AND NORTH KOREA AND THEY DIDN'T WANT ANYONE AT ATS TO GET THE WORD OUT. APPARTENTLY THEY COULDNT TAKE OUT ALEX JONES AT THE SAME TIME SO THEY CALLED THE WHOLE THING OFF TILL AUGUST 22!

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Skeptic PCWorld are doing some good deals on external hard drives if that helps..........

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by btho5888
let me let me....GEORGE BUSH AND TONY BLAIR WERE GETTING READY TO NUKE IRAN, SYRIA AND NORTH KOREA AND THEY DIDN'T WANT ANYONE AT ATS TO GET THE WORD OUT. APPARTENTLY THEY COULDNT TAKE OUT ALEX JONES AT THE SAME TIME SO THEY CALLED THE WHOLE THING OFF TILL AUGUST 22!

right

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join