It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Points taken away

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Can anyone tell me what it is that cause the most often reason for points being taken away?
I would really like to know this because I'ts happened to me a couple of times and it makes me mad. If I knew what I was doing it would make a difference, but it just seems to happen and I really don't understand it. I have read the rules, regulations and all the stuff that has to do with negative points but for the life of me I don't understand it all.
After all I am trying my best to do well, this is beginning to feel like my child hood!

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 02:27 PM
link   
You should have recieved a u2u message with the reason why.

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaimless
Can anyone tell me what it is that cause the most often reason for points being taken away?

You get points taken away if you've been naughty and haven't conformed to the clearly stated rules and regulations of this board. The most common reason for getting points taken away is by cussing at people and making personal attacks, mostly because those things don't add anything of value to the particular discussion you're contributing to. Another point-loser is only adding a one-line "right on!" comment, or putting in a punchline. But you don't lose too many points for these, really, especially after you've been here a while and accumulated a lot of points.

The key, I guess, is to not get too emotionally involved with any discussion. Try to understand that people have a right to their stupid opinions, and they probably won't change them no matter how loud you yell at them. And vice-versa.

new topics

join