It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Red Dwarf

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2003 @ 06:37 PM
link   
wow, what a show this was.. cult sci fi viewing.. possibly one of the funnyest tv shows ever i think..

anybody familier with it, im pretty sure a few of you are!

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Yeah, that was a funny series! It's been a while, though... Remember the HAL-like neurotic ship computer though, funny! And the feline, pimp alien. LOL ! And the guy with the letter stuck to his forehead, a clone was he?! Love that sort of stuff, a little like A hitchhikers Guide...

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 07:40 AM
link   
the guy with the "h" on his on his was Rimmer and he was a hologram. thats y he had a "h" on his head.

posted on Oct, 31 2003 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Smoke me a kipper i'll be back for breakfast
that was a great program use to watch it all the time
i think i'll track some of my old copies down

posted on Oct, 31 2003 @ 06:54 AM
link   
' i am holly supercomputer of jupitor mining co ship red dwarf, i have an iq of 6000, the same as 6000 P.E teachers.'

what great comedy that was

posted on Nov, 6 2003 @ 04:54 AM
link   
"This milk's great. What is it? Goat's milk?"

"Nah, ran out of that yonks ago. That's the emergency backup supply."

"And what's that?"

"We're on the dog's milk."

posted on Nov, 6 2003 @ 05:12 AM
link   
aaaaaaaaaaah the show that spawned the greatest insult in my repertoir..............

Smeghead!!

I cant believe they killed it the way they did in series 8!!

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 11:29 AM
link   
One of the funniest shows of all time, I loved it

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I had a bunch of episodes on my computer, Kryton is my fav.

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by operatoreleven
Yeah, that was a funny series! It's been a while, though... Remember the HAL-like neurotic ship computer though, funny! And the feline, pimp alien. LOL ! And the guy with the letter stuck to his forehead, a clone was he?! Love that sort of stuff, a little like A hitchhikers Guide...

that is a pretty good show. i catch it on tv every once and a while

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Lister: "Well, if you've got some amazing secret plan up your sleeve, Kryten, now's the time to mention it."
Kryten: "No plan, sir. No sleeves."
- Lister and Kryten

hehe, red dwarf is the bomb

I like the episode called Better than life, where they play a video game hehe, #ing hilarious.

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I thought that there was talk a while back of making a film. Did anyone else hear that?

[Edited on 26-1-2004 by pantha]

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Yes they are ive talked to craig about this when he came to my town on tour it still in the making. I also got chance to pee on his tour van to lol.

[Edited on 27-1-2004 by SE7EN]

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 06:08 PM
link   
dude the gunmen of apocolypse episode was great

twice in one life time ! when your hot your hot

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I heard that someone was going to make a movie of it. Does anyone have the inside scoup or was it just put on the back burner?

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic

Lister: "Well, if you've got some amazing secret plan up your sleeve, Kryten, now's the time to mention it."
Kryten: "No plan, sir. No sleeves."
- Lister and Kryten

hehe, red dwarf is the bomb

I like the episode called Better than life, where they play a video game hehe, #ing hilarious.

Is that the episode with the despair squid? When they think that the whole Red Dwarf adventure was only a VR game and they lost.
Also, the one where they screw up the Kennedy assassination. They have to get JFK to shoot himself. Great episode.
Man what a great show. It's still on PBS here every Saturday night. I watch it whenever I can.

The movie is still in the works. It's supposed to be about when they get back to Earth.I hope it comes out soon.
Here's the site

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 08:49 AM
link   
The film aint comin out anytime soon unfortunatly, dunno quite what it is but i agree i cant wait till it makes its apperance

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 09:13 AM
link   
One of my favourite all time shows, although the last couple of seasons were God awful. The first 2 seasons were probably the best, but that's not taking anything away from the later ones. The original Holly was God in my eyes lol, he was too funny and I was really pissed when he was replaced. Does it get better than the Queeg episode?

Or when he told Dave the Norweb Federation were after him hahaha!

As for the film, here's what imdb.com had to offer here

Comments: Shooting is slated for January 2005.
Status Updated: 20 July 2004

Plot:
RED DWARF THE MOVIE is set in the distant future where Homo Sapienoids, a fearsome combination of flesh and machine, and the next stage of human evolution, have taken over the solar system and almost wiped out the human race. The only survivors are the crews of long-haul space freighters that left Earth before the conflict began. The Sapienoids send forth fleets of Death Ships to hunt them down. One by one - the human ships fall, until only one remains. Its name - Red Dwarf...

Also, I can't recommend the books highly enough, especially the first. It goes into alot more the details of what happened in the first couple of seasons that they could never have done in the show, alot of back story that is just hysterical. Check 'em out.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I agree with John Nada -- the first Holly was the BEST -- and because of this site and fans on the ID site I now have a recipe of vindaloo to try

jm

new topics

top topics

join