It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The true cause of Global Warming

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Is it that Global is not just caused by vehicle emmisions. I believe that more than anything the population of people and the use of flown aircraft make a higher probability of rasing the cO2 emisions. We are all hearing we should not drives large vehicles, or any in that matter and that LEV(low emmision vehicles) is the best, even to the thought of hydrogen powered cars. The talk seems to be all about the cars, but what about the people, and what about the flying aircraft that pollute the atmophere faster, due to their high altitude flights.

In each event, I am left with to consider that trying to fix the cars wil not help, there will always be billions of people in the wordl compard to the millions of cars. Its is very hard to give an exact point on why the temperatures do rise, but the cause of this Global Warming does affect it, but now I believe it is not our cars that do it.

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by ragster
Is it that Global Warming is not just caused by vehicle emmisions.

Of course it isn't. The second cause of GW, no less harmful than vehicle emissions, is the fact that thermal electric plants emit CO2. Unfortunately, fossil fuels power most power stations in most countries. Link: www.nationmaster.com...

[edit on 30-7-2006 by JimmyCarterIsNotSmarter]

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 07:02 PM
link   
hey im just thinkin out loud here but perhaps we are simply
moving toward the sun...

what you say about the Aircraft brings up a strong point but if you think about it
for every aircraft there (im just guessing) are probaly 200-300 cars which would probaly give off the same emmisions.

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 09:16 PM
link   
It's cylical. Ice core studies show that increases in "greenhouse" gasses has happened before (millions of years ago) and the Earth's temperature is on the rise again. There were no cars or aiplanes before and they are not to blame now. Only the most arrogant of men think they have the power to make meaningful changes in the Earth's environment/weather.

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Jets burn less fuel that cars, are more economical than cars, and the main point of all modern jet engines is fuel efficiancy. Also, I'd say there at around 15000 airliners currently in service, that does not compare to hundreds of millions of cars

Power stations and factories are other sources of pollution not just cars

[edit on 25-9-2006 by PisTonZOR]

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by ragster
Is it that Global is not just caused by vehicle emmisions.

I've seen it stated a few times that cattle breaking wind in the fields emit more emisions than the cars on the roads (havn't reasearched this myself to valadate it yet) and aviation is an increasing cause of emisions as well

new topics

top topics

join