It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Just heard

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I just heard that the U.N is sending a peacekeeping force into Southern Lebanon.

With a resolution that if ANYONE, be it syria,iran,lebanon or even israel.. should attack it.s forces would be considered an act of war.

Is this true???

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Well let's wait and see ...

if Israel got the memo!

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 07:07 PM
link   
This is exciting and potentially very good news. I'd want to see the fine-print too! Act of War eh? I can't wait to hear who-be-doin' this. I've got my fingers-crossed for Russia AND China under UN auspices. Act of War? Hmmm how's that gonna have the teeth of respect? What dire consequence could be used? Thanx "T" best news in two weeks!

Victor K.

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Ok, quick question, who exactly would it be an act of war against?

Maybe it's a stupid question, but I'd like to know the answer,
or do we not know that yet?

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by AGENT_T
I just heard that the U.N is sending a peacekeeping force into Southern Lebanon.

With a resolution that if ANYONE, be it syria,iran,lebanon or even israel.. should attack it.s forces would be considered an act of war.

Is this true???

You posted it, and you're asking us if it's true?

I don't know who it would be considered an act of war against. But it will be interesting to hear their interpretation.

Just tell them not to cozy up too close to the Hezbollah...

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I'm lookin' at the MSM stuff and am coming up with Bupkus... but it's Friday night on a weekend... I put two full-text search bots at the office on it... see what happens.

Victor K.

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Like America would do something but veto if israel accidently dropped a bomb on a UN troop convoy .

Bolton would take a tantrum and AIPAC would tell them to close the UN building down first.

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Three is nothing in the UN press releases or today's briefings about this topic.

There is talk of a stabilization force “possibly” to be committed to the area; however troop and equipment commitments are woefully low and/or non-existent.

UNIFIL (and the peripheral components thereof) are already considered “protected persons”; however the UN does not have the authority to declare martial war…

Currently the UN is pulling some of the OGL positions and moving their troops farther north to avoid further unnecessary risks. Apparently Hezbollah still continues to fire in very close proximity to some UN positions, so they are bugging-out…finally.

UN Briefing July 28, 2006

mg

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 03:44 PM
link   
AGENT_T is prescient? Nope, just hooked-up to the jam... here we go folks a slim ray of hope... Condie's Back, Hezbollah participating... Make It So... engage. Please stop killing the innocent and playin' the piano.

Here's the link from CBC... www.cbc.ca...

Please please please get it right this time...

Fingers-crossed,

Victor K.

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I don't see the talks going anywhere. Hezbollah will never agree to renounce terrorism and pull out of southern Lebanon, and they will never find enough countries willing to adequately staff a peacekeeping unit. In the end, the US will be left holding the bag to fight another one of our infamous PC wars.

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Good point. Wasn't that or something like that once said about Fatah and Hamas? I'll wait for more news before I select a view. One would think such news would inspire hope in all but those who desire conflict perpetuation. I'm rootin' for the innocent in the rubble...

BTW: Fresh UN casualties 2day here: www.cbc.ca...

Victor K.

[edit on 29-7-2006 by V Kaminski]

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Hezbollah has stated that it is prepeared to hold a three day cease-fire to allow U.N forces enter.Now it,s up to countries to supply troops and resources..Surely no-one would object to allowing their countries forces to aid the Lebanese military to regain control of the southern territories.
The only opposition so far is from Israel reluctant for ceasefire as they say they have secured a route in and out of the region already.

I,m confused about this as surely it would be better for both sides to end this useless,destructive conflict.

I know the forces involved ie the actual people from Israel
I know a lot of them are suffering too,and most of them are peaceful minded fighting a war against these few terrorists through necessity..
But as I said from the beginning escalation and retaliation is no answer.

They,ve killed what??? 10 hezbollah.. possibly!!
and already you read about 200 heading to join.How is that solving anything?

I,m pretty sure if the special forces had went in commando style and cost no civilian lives there would be a totally different world view now.

BTW. Interesting development here..
Iran stops students at border

new topics

top topics

join