It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corner

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Night, mysterious and amazing at the same time. The human mind tends to over-react to somethings. Even though people grow up, we are still afraid of what lies in the shadows. Unknown lies there. We are afraid of anything that we cant understand. The old saying Curosity killed the cat goes a long way. If we see a room that we cant enter, we want to figure out whats inside of it. Somethings are best left unknown. Funny, another intro just like every other story.

Shadows danced against barren and cold walls. People, ranging from lovers to an old grandma traversed through the night on the same street, all going to some unknown destination. Neon lights streamed through the river between the two sidewalks, cars going fast and slow, honking horns , irritated cab drivers. Crickets hiding in the grass, singing in chorus. Somehow it blended in with the loud commotion of a city. Around every corner there is something new, something we cant see. Around the corner could be a madman with a gun holding a woman hostage, car crashing into the diner, death lurking in wait for its prey to foolishly stumble upon its trap. Walking closer, more feelings of mystery elevated themselves. The commotion grew louder and louder until it was unbearable.

Around the corner was another street, filled with more people. Suddenly a loud roaring sound, followed by a crash, all he knew is that he never saw it coming. He should have stayed inside, but, every corner is a mystery

[edit on 28-7-2006 by nastalgik]

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Nice bit of writing, nastalgik.

Two excerps from page 1 of a contemporary author whom I greatly admire. This book, filled with facts pertaining to the darkness, has been an inspiration to me...so much so, it has produced quite a few paintings. If you can find a copy, I recommend buying it so you can read it over and over again.

from Acquainted with the Night by Christopher Dewdney (Bloomsbury) ISBN 0 7475 7252 6

First Night

I have been one acquainted with the night
I have walked in the rain - and back in the rain.
I have outwalked the farthest city light.
ROBERT FROST

I love the night. Some of my earliest memories are of magical summer evenings, the excitement I felt at nights arrival, its dark splendor. Later, when I was eleven, there were hot summer nights, especially if the moon was bright, when I felt irresistibly drawn outside. I'd wait until my parents wre asleep and then sneak out of the house, avoiding the creaky parts of the wooden stairs and the oak floors in the hallway. After quietly shutting the back door behind me, I was free, deliciously alone in the warm night air. A bolt of pure electric joy would rush through me as I stepped into the bright stillness of the moonlit yard.

We lived at the edge of a forest, so I'd hop the trail fence and blend into the trees. Even without moonlight my night vision was good enough to avoid stepping on twigs and dry leaves. Imagining I was a puma or leopard, I'd walk silently through the forest, a creature free in the North American night. Although I didn't know it at the time, by exercising my night vision I was proving Victor Hogo's maxim "Strange to say, the luminous worlds is the invisible world; the luminous world is that which we do not see. Our eyes of flesh see only night." I was one with the darkness, the forest and the animals of the night.

[edit on 29-7-2006 by masqua]

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Yeah, I found it to be very descriptive, nastalgik, which is great. A lot of people just focus on one thing, and forget to properly describe scenes without being to obvious about it. Good job

edit:cant even type myself!

[edit on 30/7/2006 by watch_the_rocks]

new topics

join