It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OH! Alternate fuel.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 08:51 AM
link   
OH! Alternate fuel.
It’s a shame no one invented it year’s ago!!
Have you noticed that it is being talk about a lot?
Now that oil is running out,
And oil is for too expensive to use,
They are now inventing Alternate fuel cars.
www.newscientisttech.com...
And we will all be using them soon.
And the people are so stupid that they will not believe
That we could have had them many years ago.
And I bet you that these cars will have a High tax on the them.
Even they could not get away with taxing water, yet!

you do pay for your water now!

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 09:01 AM
link   
It just seems to me that using the water supply to run cars for everyone in the world who drives is a bad idea. Our drinkable water supply would last what? A month maybe? We do need vehicles that run on something other than gas, but engines require oil to work properly. Switching from gas to another fuel will work, but we are going to have to develop engines that don't require any form of oil before we can stop being dependent on it.

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Since the original link is pointed at a pay article, you may also want to view this link to see a basic diagram and discription of the process.

Boron and water can be stored separately in two containers. Mixing them in a controlled fashion will release hydrogen as demanded by the engine.

Using Boron is not a new concept, but there is still a long way to go to perfect a system, and build a global infrastructure.

Jenna absolutely has a point about the worlds water supply IMO, although the idea that a combustion engine must have petro based oil for heat transference/lubrication is rather misleading since there are alternative non-petrol based heat transfer fluids that could be used instead of oil IMO.

[edit on 7/28/06 by makeitso]

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by makeitso
Since the original link is pointed at a pay article, you may also want to view this link to see a basic diagram and discription of the process.
[edit on 7/28/06 by makeitso]

I did not pay

I did over a year ago,
but I canseld.
sorry about that.

And I never thought about haw much water this would use!!!!
It would put the cost of drinking water up so high!
Oh god it dos not beer thinking about

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 11:40 PM
link   
As long as we have rain our drinking water is safe. We will have more rain when the transformation to a hydrogen based society is finished.
Water is a byproduct of hydrogen combustion. When hydrogen burns, it leaves only water vapor (also possibly some trace compounds from the inevitable combustion of lubricating oil, plus a tiny amount of oxides of nitrogen. As for the oil they are working on ways to make engine oil out of vegetables. it is very possible. there is just one catch presently.
In cold climates it gets very thick and loses its ability to flow. there are chemicals that will keep it closer to a liquid state but they in turn add more pollution then conventional motor oil. So they are still working on that one.
The major problem is getting out of the DEATH GRIP that big oil has on all of us. there is so many ways but most people wont do them because it might inconvenience them.

top topics

join