It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli War Crime

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 08:51 PM
link   
The selling point of precision weapons is that they are supposed to reduce the number of civilian casualties.

However, it seems that they may also be used specifically against civilians.

In this article, we have evidence that precision-guided weapons in Israeli hands are being used against ambulances.

And how come - since this now obsesses the humanitarian organisations working in Lebanon - that the Israelis bombed two ambulances in Qana, killing two of the wounded inside and wounding the third civilian for the second time in a day. All the crews were injured - one with a piece of shrapnel in his neck - but what worried the Lebanese Red Cross was that the Israeli missiles had clearly pierced the very centre of the red cross painted on the roof of each vehicle. Did the pilots use the cross as their aiming point?

I'm personally disgusted by all the "go Israel" sentiment expressed on these boards, defending the Israeli right to bomb the civilian population of a neighbouring state. As suggested elsewhere, had the UK arrogated to itself the same rights we would have been bombing Dublin back in the seventies. This is not civilised behaviour. Things are now getting so twisted that there's a real possibility that I'll get accused of anti-semitism merely for expressing this opinion, but it's time to speak the truth. There is no justification for what Israel is up to at the moment. These are war crimes.

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 08:58 PM
link   

I'm personally disgusted by all the "go Israel" sentiment expressed on these boards

Go Israel.

Hezbollah terrorists are just getting well deserved payback for bombing of the US Marine barracks back in 1983.

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 09:05 PM
link   
So the Geneva Conventions mean nothing and there are no innocent civilians involved?

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Rich sadly nothing will happen to them I think. I too believe what you are saying as do many others. I can just say that for every action there will be a reaction. It won't be anything good for sure. There will be a lot of angry and vengeful parents and family members walking around out there. Once the dust settles they will want retribution. This is just perpetuating it. It keeps them in the money.

Pie

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 09:48 PM
link   
They're just recruiting for Hamas or whichever radical element you like, and perpetuating a cycle of violence.

But my concern is with our countries' response to this. If Lebanese become radicalised because of Israel's actions, then Israel is making its own future. However, the complicity of our governments in their war crimes is criminal and I can only hope that the public (here in the UK at least, which is getting SOME kind of picture of civilian casualties) wakes up and starts making its voice heard soon.

Blair. Words fail me. He's an incompetent toady who should be thrown in jail for a VERY long time.

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 10:06 PM
link   
There are a lot of people who are shocked and saddened by the Israeli offensive and people are asking questions. There have been too many civilian deaths, too much infrastructure bombed for people to sit back and not be concerned.

It is very hard in this day and age to simplify any issue. There are some at ATS and in society that choose to adopt a very black and white mentality. Perhaps its easier for those people to digest the attrocities? Justifying the reality because it serves a collective good. Well, does it? And what is the collective good? A world of peace and harmony? Is it really possible? One only has to look at the regions of the world and see the amount of war going on around us. Regardless of ME, we have tension throughout the world.

The history of terrorism is ugly. But terrorism starts typically with minority groups feel their rights and needs have been compromised. It may start out a diplomatically, only to turn sour and the resentment builds until we see extreme acts of terror as we have come to know.

Now, as for these terrorist groups, the majority have all had dealings with the US at some stage. We see much of Al Qaeda trained and at one time financed by the US. Al Qaeda and those affiliated have committed gross acts of horror, online especially. Kidnapping foreign nationals and beheading them online.
I believe these groups are terrorists. I am not absolutely sure Hezbollah fits that criteria. When they attacked Haifa, they warned people to reduce civilian loss. This is a group who targets the Iraeli military and yet, the Iraelis dont seem to be concerned with the amount of Lebanese casualties. That is what I am having difficulty digesting. The aggressive pursuit of Israelis 'right to defend' is questionable and just because I am vocal of my concern doesnt mean that I am part of an anti semitism group.

It is overall, a very sad turn of events.

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by NJE777
I am not absolutely sure Hezbollah fits that criteria.

Then you need to brush up on your history buddy...

When they attacked Haifa, they warned people to reduce civilian loss.

Are you joking?

This is a group who targets the Iraeli military and yet, the Iraelis dont seem to be concerned with the amount of Lebanese casualties.

Ok, I'm thinking you're joking because you're saying the exact opposite of what's happening, but just in case you're not...

Israel has been the one's warning civilians. If you think Hezbollah would warn citizens then...wow....I don't know....you need some serious catching up to do.
If you think Hezbollah has been just targeting the military, again you've been living in a box or something

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Israel has NOT been warning civilians most of the time, and when they have done, on at least one occasion they've bombed civilian convoys trying to leave the area. They are targeting AMBULANCES.

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThatsJustWeird

When they attacked Haifa, they warned people to reduce civilian loss.

Are you joking?

No joke. Here is a post where Tel Aviv residents were warned. politics.abovetopsecret.com...'

You can say that it was used as a tactic, and that is was just to spread terror. Whos says Israel doesnt do the same? Ohh thats right they acturly blow the hell out of the areas they warn, without caring about civilian life. Now if a Tel Aviv resident had died in that attck do you think Hezbollah could use the same excuse, "we told them to get out, their bad luck if they didnt"

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by hereandnow

I'm personally disgusted by all the "go Israel" sentiment expressed on these boards

Go Israel.

Hezbollah terrorists are just getting well deserved payback for bombing of the US Marine barracks back in 1983.

What about all those kids the Israelis monsters kill? Is that pay back? Personal Attack Removed.

Mod Edit: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

Mod Note: Middle East Conflict Forum Posting Conduct – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 27/7/2006 by Mirthful Me]

top topics

join