It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Things We Dream When Family Members Die

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 12:31 PM
link   
2 months after my mother died 2 years ago this coming October I had a dream where there was a party in someone's back yard where they had a swimming pool. As I stood there enjoying the festivities with a bunch of people that were all hanging out up by the house, I glanced over to the swimming pool cause I heard a noise... So I walked over to the pool and I heard my mom calling out for help, like she was drowning, so naturally I jump in the pool, cell phone in all... in to save her, but when I got in the pool I couldn't pull her out of it... so then I swam under to see if maybe her feet were caught on something... when I get under the water I open my eyes in hopes to see a snag, but I saw my mom holding my mom's legs under the water, not allowing herself to leave... Instantly I prop my head up out of the water gasping for air, then I wake up as well, gasping for air.

This dream has always haunted me to this day... Oct 26, 2004 - God rest my mother's soul.

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I've had 3 other dreams about my mother since her passing... all three very different from the first... these 3 take place in places I know, like her house... us sitting on the couch with each other.. silently.. no speaking, just like comforting each other of our loss, I'd look at here and she'd smile back at me and then I'd return the smile and the dream would remain that way for a short while... then it fades away unitil the next time it happens.. then it happens the same way, usually the scenery is different, but we still don't speak to each other..

The first dream though was a call from her about 2 weeks after she died telling me she was ok, just repeating it over and over, and I couldn't tell who it was until just before the phone went dead and the voice was reconized... that sent me into a tailspin... which then led up to the first dream in the pool near the end of that year.

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by wyldwylly
This dream has always haunted me to this day... Oct 26, 2004 - God rest my mother's soul.

Dont let that haunt you hun. She was ready.

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 06:20 PM
link   
i am so sorry for your loss. i think that the dream of you sitting on the couch with your mom, is you accepting that she is gone, but yet, still knowing that she is in a way ,...with you.
the dream about the pool is haunting. were you having a harder time than usual trying to accept that she was gone? i think that what it means, is that no matter what you do you cant save her( meaning you cant go back and change things). i dont mean to get personal , but was it a suicide? im sorry if that was question was too personal, but in order to analyze things correctly you have to know a little bit of history.
i will really think on this for you and post it when i come to a conclusion, in the mean time if you could answer that question it would really help.

i had a hard time when my grandma died, she came to me all the time in my dreams. but i did notice that the more time that went by, the scarier the dreams got with her in them. like i knew it wasnt her communicating with me anymore, it was like some evil, mean trick that someone was playing on me. maybe thats what it was with your dream. once you get the dream that they are telling you that they are ok, and at peace. all the other dreams are just your mind messing with you. unless of course you dont get that " bad feeling" in the dream. sometimes its like someone is wearing the body and face of them , but we know deep down that its really not them.

hope this helps.
smile, she is still with you ( i think you know that)

im out
-mindtrip02

[edit on 2-8-2006 by mindtrip02]

top topics

join