It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Want A Date? Call 911.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 08:31 AM
link   
This is somethine I heard about last night. A woman called 911 because a police officer that was at her house she thought was cute and she wanted to meet him again. She even said she did not have an emergency but she would think of one during the call. Trying to get the officer to her house again. Who calls 911 for this reason. 911 is not a daating hotline. She was tying up the line when it could have been used for an actual emergency.

Lorna Jeanne Dudash was looking for love, but it might have been the wrong place to launch a search. The Oregon woman thought the cops who came by her house to investigate a neighbor's complaint were awfully cute, so she called 911 to try to track them down.

"I don't have an emergency," Dudash said to the 911 dispatcher. "Two police officers just left my house just now. Can I get their names please?"

After silence from the 911 dispatcher, Dudash continued " Honey, I'm just going to be honest with you, OK? I just thought he was cute. I'm 45 years old and I'd like to meet him again. And I don't know how to go about doing it without calling 911."

Links:
MSNBC Site
Inside Edition Site - This site includes the 911 call.

-tts

[edit on 26-7-2006 by The_Truth_Seeker]

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 10:44 AM
link   
There should be fines for that.

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I know the lady who made the call is being taken to court over this. She is being charged with "misusing the emergency dispatch system".

I really don't see why people use 911 for these reasons. If she thought the guy was that cute and wanted to meet him theres always other ways to meet the guy.

-tts

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 08:20 PM
link   
She got a fine for misusing 911 that is freakin funny.

join