It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Innocent People Being Put on Watch List

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Matyas

What Islam does is provide structure and a feeling of belonging to something greater for its devotees. The West does not have such a vast unifying system. Here we are all divided into our own groups, some larger than others, but nevertheless we are still divided. As a case in point, when was the last time we had a true national project?

Matyas,
I do agree with what your statment says Islam does, but I think you might have overlooked what the US can rally around in a heart beat if they have cause to. If an event happens that seems to take away freedom I feel the population will rally rather quickly. Where Islam draws its strenty from laws restricting rights and freedoms the laws of the US grant rights and freedoms with restrictions.

To me it is the difference between being hearded and treated like sheep
Or growing and makeing your self better with inner peace.

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Let's not forget 9/11 so quickly. There was an IMMEDIATE outwelling of support for a war effort after those attacks. I think that any attack on our nation will continue to garner the same kind of reaction, no matter whom it's from.

I stand firmly on my right to choose, and I will NOT allow anyone to take that away. First off, they couldn't if they wanted to. I could make them think they did, but they'd never get it. Acquiescence is the problem here. We all just give up way too easily to peer pressure from an outside source. Apparently no one learned about peer pressure and how to fight it in grade school. Is that even taught anymore???

TheBorg

Edited for spelling.

[edit on 1-8-2006 by TheBorg]

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBorg
Let's not forget 9/11 so quickly. There was an IMMEDIATE outwelling of support for a war effort after those attacks. I think that any attack on our nation will continue to garner the same kind of reaction, no matter whom it's from.

Borg,
I do think you are right with this statment. That is why I said what I did above. As to peer presher I think people learn to deal with that in school still. It is one of those things people learn from exsperence one way or another.

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedGolem
Borg,
I do think you are right with this statment. That is why I said what I did above. As to peer presher I think people learn to deal with that in school still. It is one of those things people learn from exsperence one way or another.

Ya I know. I was kind of adding a supporting argument to your post. If I've infringed on it, I apologize.

TheBorg

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Another thred has been started that does play into this a little bit.
Click hear to view it.

The story deals with incorrect information being use to put people on a watch list and then being wrongly detained.

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 10:01 AM
link   
You know what my attitude is towards this? Go ahead and place me on the list, what a waste of government time and that's just so very typical of our government anyway. Also, it's stated that "the list" is "secret" well if it's sooooo secret then why are we here discussing it. Ohhh I see, we are allowed to know of the list, just not if we are on it.

Anyway, we probably got an entire FBI unit promoted with this website

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Quotas are stupid period!
and quotas for anything this serious is just asking for trouble.

Next thing you know, CIA will have to submit at least 10 people for renditions/interogations every month, or not get raises...

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by LazarusTheLong
Quotas are stupid period!
and quotas for anything this serious is just asking for trouble.

Next thing you know, CIA will have to submit at least 10 people for renditions/interogations every month, or not get raises...

Lazarus,
Of everything that has been said about this any where around hear what you just said hear pretty much tells it like it is in a nut shell. Nicely put.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Terrorism Watch List 775,000 names and approaching 1 million

here's a very appropriate lead in to read, from SF Gate;
www.sfgate.com.../c/a/2007/10/31/DDT2T3BAF.DTL&feed=rss.entertainment

the list is no longer a 'quota' beast, it has become an unchained monster

If one goes to the nuts & bolts of the 'Terrorist Watch List' and it's mission... you will find that this Watch List,
which was compiled by the TSC = terrorist Screening Center,

with data and info supplied from mainly the FBI & Immigration (and other sources!)
SEE: www.dhs.gov...

where one finds that the list is 'unclassified'.........so why are citizens not permitted to view this list??? a list that could very well have Your name on it? A name which you could unfortunately share with a foreign militant,
who would deservedly belong on a terrorist watch list.

in the link it states:
....the TSC (terrorism screening center)
utilizing the services of TTIC (terrorist threat integration center)
....will consolidate the information into an unclassified terrorist screening database....

now, i'm asking, just why we citizens are not allowed to view this list,
then take actions to purge ouselves from the list
which might include obtaining the voluntary 'secure ID' which some states
like Arizona and New York have available??

these 'secure IDs' are used as a license,
another level of this ID serves as proof of citizenship,
and a third tier of this secure ID serves as a passport like document
(at least in North America; Canada, Mexico, US, and in the future some of the carribean islands?)

the public needs an avenue of resolution around the TerroristWatchList,
that! is the American way...instead of being held hostage to a 'under-my-thumb' bureaucracy under the DHS which we presently have.

When i want to travel, i sure don't want to be pulled aside because of a eastern european sur name, myself accosted, my travel time prolonged, my patriotism besmerched, my 'personal zone' invaded & trampled upon.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join