It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran bans sale of the Da Vinci code

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 05:40 AM
link   

"After receiving the letter of protest from religious Christians, the culture ministry decided to cancel the authority given for publication of this book," Mohammad Reza Vasfi, a ministry official, told the daily Etemad Wednesday.

Link

I found this article interesting as it shows a consistancy between the Iranian religous focus only this time apparently for Christianity's sake rather than Islams'.

Although there are still some freedom of speech/press issues here for me, i think it shows Irans Government to be less hard line than we get shown here in the west.

Especially at the moment when it seems like Iran is being demonised for, potentially, the next M.E war..

Thoughts?

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Iranians, however, can still buy videos or DVDs of the film version on the black market, the usual way in which Western films circulate in the country.

thats to bad the movie sucked.

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I wonder if they would've banned it on account of my objections....namely..... I think it's a terribly written and tedious book. The Holy Blood and Holy Grail with car chases...... it's almost as bad as "The Last Templar" >shudder<

Sorry if I'm going off topic.

I must say that I'm also pretty surprised that they've acted on behalf of complaints made by the christian community (approx. 110,000 apparently).

Still, I can't really approve of the banning of any literature, no matter how dreadful it is.

join