It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Point Blank

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThatsJustWeird

Originally posted by wang
Thatsjustweird: With your sig, you say that we are up in arms about 300 civilians but dont care about the deaths of 14000 civilian deaths in iraq. The deaths in iraq are not from terroists but from insurgents/freedom fighters (however you wanna percieve it) whos attacks would never of happend if america did not invade iraq.
There is a big differene between lebanon and iraq, and to even compare the two is wrong

1. The people of Iraq are calling them terrorists. Freedom fighters!? You should be ashamed. Killing thousands of innocent people is freedom fighting? You're really going to have to explain this one especially since the violence as of late has been sectarian violence.

2. You say the attacks would never have happened if America did not invade Iraq. Well you can say the same thing here. Israel would not have attacked if Hezbollah didn't raid Israel.

3. Yes there is a big difference. People justify the terrorists in Iraq by calling them freedom fighters completely ignoring the fact that they have PURPOSELY killed more innocent civilians than the coalition. While in this situation, people get on Israel for going after terrorists....

Sorry but Im giggling while Im typing this because its so obvious how you think.

Let me get this straight:

Iraq leader for attacking,murdering and punishing people who attempted to assasinate him= BAD

Israel leaders for attacking, murdering and punishing people who attempt to gain their freedom =Good

Hizbollah crossing borders and kidnapping people =Bad

Israel crossing borders and kidnapping people = Good

Hizbollah crosses border = raid

Israel crossing border with planes = Reconnaisance mission

Hizbollah bearing arms to prevent the extermination of Palestinians by Israelis =Bad

Israel defending against everyone attempting to "push them into the sea" = Good

Arabs blowing up Israeli citizens =Bad

Israel blowing up Lebanese civilians = Good

Either you work for Fox News Network or you are so closely following the shirttails of Israel that you can't even see whats in front of you.

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Work Order

Originally posted by ThePieMaN
Either you work for Fox News Network or you are so closely following the shirttails of Israel that you can't even see whats in front of you.

I don't care who anyone works for, this sort of commentary directed toward other members is disruptive and you will stop it immediately.

I welcome your on-topic comments regarding the Middle East with open arms, but not your comments regarding what you think other members are thinking.

They are free to express themselves their own way without you putting words in their mouths.

The Topic

The original post made these assertions:

Originally posted by princeofpeace
Look..here it is point blank: If you commit a terrorist act against a state then you are putting yourself at the full wrath of those whom you committed terror against. Also, if you are a state and you harbor terrorists, then you are putting your gov't and citizens at risk against whom you committed terror against.

All members are free to agree or disagree with this point of view as they see fit.

But regardless of what your opinions may be, you and all members should feel free to express them without being subjected to personal attacks.

I want PTS to encourage members to speak out on the issues.

Please help me to achieve that goal by honoring the AboveTopSecret.com Terms And Conditions Of Use, and reporting violations of them with the Complain feature.

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 07:46 PM
link   
First of all, I was responding to Wang, not you. I see you still haven't addressed my post to you...

Second, just for future reference, you may want to cover up your ignorance a bit more. It's embarrasing...

Originally posted by ThePieMaN
Sorry but Im giggling while Im typing this because its so obvious how you think.

Let me get this straight:

Iraq leader for attacking,murdering and punishing people who attempted to assasinate him= BAD

lol, I'm not sure what you're talking about here since I never once mentioned any Iraqi leaders past, future, or present. If you're talking about Saddam, then you really need to brush up on your history.

Israel leaders for attacking, murdering and punishing people who attempt to gain their freedom =Good

I'm not sure what you're talking about here either. Who's attempting to gain their freedom?

Hizbollah crossing borders and kidnapping people =Bad

Umm..yeah, anyone who says otherwise has some serious mental issues that need to be worked out.

Israel crossing borders and kidnapping people = Good

Umm...no, and I can't recall anyone EVER saying that.

Hizbollah crosses border = raid

Yeah.

Israel crossing border with planes = Reconnaisance mission

Depends on what they're doing. If they cross the border with reconnaisance planes, then yeah it's a reconnaisance mission. That doesn't make it legal. If they cross the border to attack, then that would be what's called an "attack"

Hizbollah bearing arms to prevent the extermination of Palestinians by Israelis =Bad

Do you honestly think they care about the Palestinians? lmao!!
Anyway, YES it's bad. According to the UN

Israel defending against everyone attempting to "push them into the sea" = Good

Yes of course.
If someone was trying to kill you wouldn't you defend yourself?

This is starting to get silly...

Arabs blowing up Israeli citizens =Bad

Yep

Israel blowing up Lebanese civilians = Good

Nope
And I challange you to quote ANYONE out of the 6 billion+ people on this earth who has said otherwise.

lol
What does fox news have to do with anything? That was random....

[edit on 26-7-2006 by ThatsJustWeird]

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Muddy Waters

Originally posted by ThatsJustWeird
Second, just for future reference, you may want to cover up your ignorance a bit more. It's embarrasing...

I know you were busy typing up a response while I was typing up mine, but I ask that you let the personal commentary directed against you slide for now.

It takes a pretty major shift in attitude to pull free of the mud, and it's all too easy to want to fight mud with mud.

But that just spreads the mud around even more.

So please hang in there and try not to rise to personal bait.

Instead, submit a complaint when you are attacked and we'll take care of the rest.

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Heres a couple of reasons why even if Israel kills every single member of Hezbollah it will not make any difference at all.

At the village's Modern Country School, 270 refugees from the south of Lebanon and Beirut's southern suburbs are staying.
The refugees say there are frequent electrical cuts and shortages of water. Many have not washed in days and about 20 people are living in each of the school's classrooms.
Until now, they have depended on handouts from the Lebanese government and Hezbollah, the militant Islamic organisation firmly supported by many of the people at the school.

reprinted from bbc news article

www.mercycorps.org...

then theres this

Although Unicef has been unable to gain access to the areas in Lebanon that are under attack, it is trying to provide water, sanitation and emergency drugs to displaced people in that country, about 80,000 of whom it says are staying in schools and other public buildings not meant to be used as housing.

reprinted from wall street journal

www.mercycorps.org...

In this first article who is it that is feeding the displaced civilians. Where will the next lot of hezbollah militants come from do you think.

In the second article how many of those 80000 do you think who may not have cared one way or the other about Israel or Hezbollah will now suddenly have found an allegiance. Remember most of these people would only want to go about their lives and care for their families without the spectre of violence hanging over their heads before this latest conflict. Where do you think their loyalties will now lie.
Of course the OP will say it is easily solved by just killing everyone, hmmm, you would think that if any race of people would abhor genocide it would be the Jews.

I am in no way condoning the actions of Hezbollah but history has shown us that Israels heavy handed tactics have not succeeded, there are still terrorists operating in Palestine and Lebanon (Syria and Iran etc). Israel are now creating even more foes, feeding the monster.

Israel and the rest of the world needs to explore ways of creating peace without force, violence or recriminations. These have been tried and have not succeeded and will continue to fail as you only create your next generation of adversaries. Killing everything in sight reminds me of a solution utilised by a much despised and reviled leader from ww2.

peace

m4s

top topics

<< 1   >>

join