It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A suggestion for U2U functionality. (Checkboxes)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Ok, while I was deleting old U2Us en masse, I thought of something that would be a good idea.

Ok, now when you go to delelte a U2U, you have to manually delete each one, now when you have a huge amount to delete this takes a good amount of time.

My suggestion is to add a checkmark system for U2Us, so you can check the U2Us you want to delete or save, so when you have say 30 to delete, you just check the box next to those and press delete.

Just an idea/thought.

[edit on 7/25/2006 by iori_komei]

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Check, Please!

I love it!

This would make managing my U2Us much easier, because on my slow connection moving or deleting individual U2Us can take quite a long time, which means I skip a lot of the U2U housekeeping tasks I shouldn't.

And so, O Mighty Overlord, if you should chance to see this, I say "check it out!"

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Actually a great idea.

I always find it difficult to delete several at a time, I normally just *click*click*click*click*

:bnghd:

to IK

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 06:33 PM
link   
*Wipes forehead*
Wheew, glad to know I'm not the only one who's thinking this, I was starting to think for some od reason I was the only one to realise or care.

But good to know I'm not the only one.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Hey, I think that is a Great idea!!

You have voted iori_komei for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have one more vote left for this month.

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Also, it would be a nice feature for deleting threads in myATS as well. It takes forever to go through there and delete old threads you have posted in.

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Don't forget there is the "delete all" option at the top of the U2U list. Save the ones you want to keep to your "Saved" folder, then hit the "Delete All" link on your inbox and voila, problem solved.

Also, it would be a nice feature for deleting threads in myATS as well. It takes forever to go through there and delete old threads you have posted in.

Go to your Member Center and click the "Manage Subscriptions" button on the left. You will be taken to a panel which has this exact function. Check the boxes next to the threads you want deleted and then hit the Delete Selected Subscriptions button at the bottom. You can also get to the same screen by pressing the (manage) link at the top of "Your Subscribed Threads" list in MyATS.

Come on peeps, whatever happened to the "oooh, I wonder what this button does." mentality of the Kruschov/Reagan era.

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Yes, great idea

I just need to start recieving U2U's so I can delete them!!!

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by wecomeinpeace
Go to your Member Center and click the "Manage Subscriptions" button on the left. You will be taken to a panel which has this exact function. Check the boxes next to the threads you want deleted and then hit the Delete Selected Subscriptions button at the bottom. You can also get to the same screen by pressing the (manage) link at the top of "Your Subscribed Threads" list in MyATS.

Oh thank you, bunches and bunches. I'm a dummy! Can't be helped!

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Don't forget there is the "delete all" option at the top of the U2U list. Save the ones you want to keep to your "Saved" folder, then hit the "Delete All" link on your inbox and voila, problem solved.

I guess there's that, but what about when you have alot to delete, and alot to save.
Or, in the second reason for me, as the above is my first, I don't see all my old U2Us, only a certain amount, until the current shown are gone, so I can't see them all.

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by iori_komei
I don't see all my old U2Us, only a certain amount, until the current shown are gone, so I can't see them all.

Try pulling down on the scroll bar to the right.

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by iori_komei
I don't see all my old U2Us, only a certain amount, until the current shown are gone, so I can't see them all.

Try pulling down on the scroll bar to the right.

...I'm not that stupid.

It does'nt show all of them, even scrolled down all the way, it will show about 15 U2Us at a time.

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Pushing The Button

Come on peeps, whatever happened to the "oooh, I wonder what this button does." mentality of the Kruschov/Reagan era.

Those people are dead.

Just gimme my checkboxes.

new topics

top topics

join