It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian travel agency sells Fake Vacations.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Well, I guess if something like this was gonna come from anywhere, I'm not surprised it comes from Russia.

MOSCOW — Always wanted to brag to your friends about your trip to Brazil, but couldn't afford to go? No problem.

For $500, nobody will believe you weren't sunning yourself last week on Copacabana Beach, just before you trekked through the Amazon rain forest and slept in a thatched hut. Hey! That's you, arms outstretched like Kate Winslet on the bow of the Titanic, on top of Corcovado.

Persey Tours barely was keeping bill collectors at bay before it started offering fake vacations last year. Now it's selling 15 a month — providing ersatz ticket stubs, hotel receipts, photos with clients' images superimposed on famous landmarks, and a few souvenirs for living-room shelves.

SOURCE:
Seattle Times

Ok, this is honestly one of the oddest things I've ever heard.
I'm surprised they're even selling it, I mean if they implanted fake memories of being on these vacations, than it would make sense, but I can't believe would pay for this.

Comments, Opinions?

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Same story with Space tourism!

[edit on 27-7-2006 by Amon_Ra]

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Not really, with Space tourism your actually going into space, and eventually to the moon and planets, so you'r experiencing it.
With this, you just go to the office, pick up some doctored photos and paperwork, and pretend you went to the place on the papre.

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Do you know someone who was actually on trip to the Moon and back? (except Astronauts)

IMO.They are selling a bunch of ballocks. :shk:

[edit on 29-7-2006 by Amon_Ra]

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 11:45 PM
link   
This goes way beyond my collection of thrift store coffee cups from around the world (I don't try to pass them off as a souvenier--well, I don't have a disclaimer by them, but my friends know!)
This rivals the Japanese rent-a-family.
I can't imagine people paying $500 for a fake vacation unless it was for something nefarious. Otherwise they need to keep their $500 and get a life or go on a real vacation somewhere.
Interesting article, fake vacations being just one business in Russia's industry of fakes.

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amon_Ra
Do you know someone who was actually on trip to the Moon and back? (except Astronauts)

IMO.They are selling a bunch of ballocks. :shk:

[edit on 29-7-2006 by Amon_Ra]

Well you can't expect it to be instinataneous, I mean it's like the saying "Rpme was'nt built in a day", you have to give it time to develpo, eventually, in about 20-30 years I'd say, people will be going to the moon.

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Aha, that's right! Is difficult to realize!

top topics

join