It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone want to take me to Groom Lake next week?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I am coming to Vegas 8/2 through 8/5 for my 35th birthday. My buddy cancelled so it will be just me. Bright lights and boobies just don't sound as interesting as a once in a lifetime trip out to Groom, even if I don't see anything.

I want to rent a vehicle and drive out just to look around, maybe climb Tikaboo because I may never be there again. Or just sit out under the stars, have a beer and tell tall tales.

If anyone is interested in going/guiding/staring out at the desert next week I would be willing to buy the gas and meals.

[edit on 25-7-2006 by masqua]

please read this T&C rule
1e.) Recruitment Content: You will not post advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, or solicitations of any kind. You will not collect personal information about forum members for the purpose of sending advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, or solicitations through other means (email, messaging programs, etc.).

[edit on 25-7-2006 by masqua]

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 03:41 PM
link   
just 2 questions:

1. what kind of beer?

2. tall tales?

p.s. why no boobies?

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 04:44 PM
link   
OK so I love boobies... what can I say?

I was thinking about taking the 3rd or 4th and renting an SUV and heading out to Rachel in the morning, checking out the Groom Lake Road etc.

I'd like to camp or at least stay up late along side one of the roads where such activities occur, but would definitely need advice on the logistics.

Mainly I want to see the sights and maybe try to catch some wierd lights, pictures of wierd stuff if it happens.

Tikaboo sounds cool too but I don't know if I could even afford the kind of binoculars it would take to see anything.

Mostly would just like to go out with a local or experienced visitor for a day and check it out.

If all else fails the rest of my trip will be spent looking at circular orbs of another kind. LOL

As for beer choice, typically this kind of road trip in the past involved the cheapest kind we could get with a 'specially lined can'. As I have grown older and wiser though I have found that beer can actually be 'tasted' and 'enjoyed'. I am no beer-ist... I welcome the chance to buy the drinker's choice.

Tall tales... Anything you saw or heard or did or somebody's aunt told your cousin's cat about aliens. I have a feeling a day in the desert won't be enough for me to learn the 'truth' but I sure would like to say I did it.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 06:47 PM
link   
For all the information you may need including maps and GPS numbers try Dreamlandresort.com

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 10:05 PM
link   
you should try to go out wends night. From what I've heard people say its the busiest night since its the slowest night for commercial air traffic and road traffic

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Dont forget that Red Flag starts on August 4th. If they are doing night exercises it should be very exciting.

new topics

top topics

join