It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Psychiatrist: Children Remember Past Lives

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Jim Tucker, a child psychiatrist and medical director of the Child and Family Psychiatric Clinic at the University of Virginia, says that it is not uncommon for children between the ages of 2 and 6 to remember past lives and that 70% of those past lives ended in unnatural or unusual circumstances.

abcnews.go.com

The story of James Leininger:

ntcsties.com

abcnews

[edit on 2006/7/25 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Wow! That was very interesting. Thank you for posting it.

What I find most fascinating is the fact that a professor at a large university is stating his belief that children remember past lives. I wonder if this child will continue to have recollections of James through-out his entire life because the memories of the past life were fostered rather than dismissed.

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 04:23 PM
link   
What is your opinion on this Grady? Do you believe it and why if you do?

What if its just a group of people yet again attempting to get money from those who are despondent over the loss of their loved ones? Making up a complex story in order to either sell a product like a book or get more people to financially support a fake practice?

If its real, then why would a soldier of all people get reincarnated and remember a past life? Is it because living a life of violence means you somehow fail the test of life and have to go through it again and try not to repeat the same mistake?

I'm agnostic on the subject of spirituality. I can't claim to know anything is real or not concerning it. If reincarnation is real I figure I should remember something from a past life despite cultural indoctrination in my present one. Or maybe this is my first time out.

I imagine there will never be a scientific study and conclusion regarding reincarnation if indeed it turns out to be accurate. It would basically spell the end of many western religions and maybe even destroy man's desire for war. If anybody could be your relative or friend from a previous life then very few people would be willing to fight or kill another knowing such a chance exists. And for our current way of life to continue, those that govern our lives would ensure such a revelation would not come to pass.

This is all speculation though. I guess like everybody else I will find out when I die.

[edit on 26-7-2006 by Frith]

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 02:13 PM
link   
this was very interesting,
i believe in past lives, but this one is very detailed.
it probably wouldnt have been so detailed if would have just let it go and forget about it. but they asked about it and it probably helped with remembering more.
i think we are not supposed to remember our past lives because it would be hard to dredge up something, that at one time, we loved. we would miss the people that we were with, we would miss our children ( if we had any) . i think it would be hard to accept that you have to start a whole life over again.thats why we forget

this was cool though. nice post

im out
-mindtrip02

[edit on 27-7-2006 by mindtrip02]

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I don't have enough information to draw any conclusions on this matter. It is interesting and, if nothing else, the cases of such should be cataloged and studied. The case in question is very interesting and pretty eerie, to say the least.

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by FrithI guess like everybody else I will find out when I die.

...or not.
The whole point of looking for past lives is because it's supposedly not something easy to remember when you come back. You'd know it for, let's say...2 weeks, and then you'd come back not knowing anything, as your own grandchild.

top topics

join