It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Too Can "Walk In Space"...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Spacewalks for sale

WASHINGTON (AP) -- You don't have to be an astronaut anymore to experience walking in space. All you need is $35 million and the willingness to risk your life.

A private Virginia firm that already has sent three super-rich men to the international space station for $20 million each announced Friday it would offer an even rarer adventure: A stroll outside the space station for an extra $15 million.

www.cnn.com... ml

The trip would involve a launch in a Soyuz capsule, an eight-day stay aboard the international space station and a 90-minute spacewalk in a Russian spacesuit. An extra month would be added to the six-month cosmonaut training.

The plan still needs the approval of the other 15 partners in the international space station -- including NASA -- but Anderson said Russian space officials are confident they can get the OK.

How cool would this be? I wish I was rich.

loq

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 02:51 AM
link   
yah that would be one hell of a experience..
i def. would try this if i had enough funds.
i wonder if the training for this is hard.

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 04:44 AM
link   
the training would be pretty hard and they would have to make sure that you dont have any heart problem or similar health risks, so you would not only have to be rich but also young and healthy

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Very interesting... But the mental preparation for such a journey must be huge and I'd imagine they'd have to go through a bit of testing to make sure they are fit for such a journey. I mean, just the thought of floating weightless in space in a little suit looking down on the planet must just be completely amazing and I imagine it could spook a few people. I mean, nothing like going completely insane, but its just something that is so different from every other perspective that we have viewed the earth that it would certainly be incredible! Very interesting to see if any follow up articles will follow about the first citizens to make spacewalks... cool article!

new topics

top topics

join