It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ABA: Bush Is Violating the Constitution

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Not that this should be a huge surprise but the American Bar Association has determined the Bush's penchant for writing exceptions to laws he just signs violates the US Constitution. Story here:

Source Article

These are truly interesting and dangerous times in which we live.

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I just saw this article as well. Im very interested to see where this is heading, do you think the ABA actually has a chance here?

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I'm not sure if they have a chance but for the sake of the future of this country I hope they give it their best shot. Things like this cannot go unchallenged. It sets a dangerous precedent. Did you not hoh Bush has so far written 800 excpetions and all other presidents combined have written 600?

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Great find!!!

Even if the ABA isnt able to actually do anything concrete.....its still a step in the right direction. I imagine that we will shortly see another appearnce of Attorney General Gonzales reminding us that because of his constitutional War powers he can do signing statements because without it the terrorsists would have an upper hand....something along those lines...along with a lil quip about how "he" feels its legal therefor it is because he is the attorney general.

Hopefully im just being cynical and something good will happen....either way great find!

new topics

top topics

join