It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Problems with Airbus A380 Fuselage

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Apparently Airbus has run into more problems, this time with section 19 of the fuselage. These new problems apparently were detected while flight testing the aircraft or so the article indicates.

Airbus discoverers news problems with A380 Fuselage

New problems have been detected on Airbus's giant A380 super jumbo jet, adding to the woes of the fledging aircraft which is already afflicted with wiring problems.

Problems with section 19 of the fuselage were detected during trial flights in Toulouse, southern France, according to an internal Airbus document, the weekly Der Spiegel reported in its edition which goes on sale Monday.

No details were given on the nature of the problem.

The European aircraft manufacturer decided in early March to reinforce section 19, the aft cone of the fuselage, Der Spiegel reported.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Certainly not good news at all for Airbus at all. The question now arises how many potential buyers will now cancel orders due to the expected delays in delivery?

I never did think the wiring problems were all that bad and expected they could be solved by simply changing the wiring itself. This new problem is a whole new story and may require a redesign and that takes a lot of time and money.

Boy would I love to be a salesman for Boeing right now

[edit on 7/23/2006 by shots]

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Sorry Shots but I beat you to the punch. Please post your thoughts and comments in the existing thread found here

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Cheers

new topics

join