It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Look on Why UFOs Are Kept Secret

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 06:12 PM
link   
In the past, a lot of theories on why UFOs are kept secret had to do with national security and the government wanting to keep their own technology safe.

Well, I just found a long list on the Former Soviet Union's crash retrievals(Link Here). So we can eliminate keeping technology secret from other countries.

So what are your theories-on top of this-on why they are kept secret?

[Edited on 10-28-2003 by Cammo Dude]

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 06:27 PM
link   
wow, atleast we now know we're not the only ones in the universe who builds stuff that breaks. but it doesnt say how they crashed. for all we know, they could have been shot down by us, or other alien crafts/species that they are on hostile terms with. who knows....

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Funny though - not one cited reference to source material - something i look for and - curiously a very US centric publishing group - with one notable exception - who doesnt have a pic

www.burlingtonnews.net...

Oh and an internet radio channel

If we pillory Michael Moore for republishing uncredited internet lists then this might just be another example of collected uncollaborated information rather than facts.

posted on Nov, 1 2003 @ 02:48 AM
link   
I seldom see this expressed, but the government may feel "strange" about abductees because they are afraid that the abductees may owe their allegiance to an "alien space power" instead of the U.S. (or any other Earth government).
Out of the thousands of abductees in the U.S., maybe there are SOME who are in leaague with the ETs. (Bad ETs).
I am an abductee, but my allegiance is to the U.S.A.

posted on Nov, 1 2003 @ 03:09 AM
link   
The world knows to some small degree that UFOs exist. To come out with all the information would be suicide for any government. They would then have to be held accountable for keeping this information a secret for so long. Especially given the official explanations made over the years regarding these incidents. There isn't anybody in the organizations keeping this stuff a secret willing to accept the consequences of lying to the people that pay their salaries. If anybody thought Watergate, Iran Contra, or the Clinton sex scandal were huge political debacles, they ain't seen nothing yet.

Worldwide economic collapse would probably happen from release of this information as well. You have to realize that as the public in general doesn't know exactly what the issue is, once we fully understand it, all forms of religion, technology, science, education, and everything else will have to be acclimated to this new reality. Some jobs will immediately become obsolete, some people will become unemployable, and some people will have to re-learn absolutely everything they learned throughout their lives regarding their career choices. Religion has the least to fear, IMO, as all religions have apparently survived the storm of fossil records from destroying them. The economy probably could not handle such a huge shock and it would probably plunge immediately into nothingness as the reality of government disinfranchisement and all facets of human reaction kicks in. Say bye-bye to the stock market on that day, thats for sure.

I for one can't even begin to imagine the school books kids would get after this information is revealed to the public. Just think if you were a kid, you are reading about world history one year, and the next year, you read about how its all been lies for decades (or longer), and that your government has been lying for a LONG time. What kind of patriotism would that instill into people, especially the younger generations? None, thats what. Nobody would ever trust their nations again. And then theres the likely infinite amount of alien history, theology, biology, and science you will have to learn. Good lord. It will all be information overload with everybody mad at the governments they pay taxes to. This is the "you can't handle the truth" thing the governments are worried about. I for one don't care what happens to this world if we indeed are living a lie right now. Which it appears to be the case. If all hell is to break loose, then that is what should happen.

I just know the revelation will be an ugly one. Unless we're all mind-controlled to accept it. Who knows? Chemtrails, HAARP, water tainting, it could all be stuff related to the day of revelation as a means to calm the beast of public outrage and panic. Or perhaps the aliens will do this for them and mind control us or just kill us all pretty much immediately after the hammer drops on this issue.

[Edited on 1-11-2003 by heelstone]

posted on Nov, 1 2003 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Could it be possible that UFO or Alien spacecraft DON'T exist?!

Why don't people believe that everything was adopted by the Government as propaganda, in order to impress and or mislead foreign governments as to our test programs. It makes more sence to me to go along with the publics outcry of ET and his friends than to supress it. At least then the US government takes on the image that they have "superiour technology" when in fact we don't.

I will admit here and now, I do not believe in aliens, and even if one comes up to me and proves he isn't human. I still won't believe, because I know better. That is me though, you all can believe as you do, I won't try and change your mind, or push my thoughts unto you. As that is wrong, I will however continue to be my rational self. Those of you, who wan't to believe, go ahead, I respect your personal choices. As I expect you, mine.

I was taught to lead by example, so I will.

top topics

join