It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudis Directly Appeal To Bush To Intervene In The Mideast

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 03:48 PM
link   
This caught me by surprise. This puts Bush in a very precarious position. He cannot afford to anger either Israel nor Saudi Arabia. So what is the little Texan going to do? I'll be watching for his response very carefully indeed.

WASHINGTON - Saudi Arabia asked President Bush on Sunday to intervene in
Israel's military campaign against Hezbollah in Lebanon to stop the mounting deaths.

"We are requesting a cease-fire to allow for a cessation of hostilities," Saudi Foreign Minister Prince Saud al-Faisal said after an Oval Office meeting with Bush.

Saud said he gave the president a letter from Saudi King Abdullah asking that Bush help seek an immediate cease-fire in the Middle East conflict.

Saudis ask Bush to intervene in Mideast

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Like I mentioned earlier, if Bush does the smart thing (rare), he will let them duke it out between the two of them, and urge neighboring countries not to intervene.

Best thing we can do is get as many civilians as we can out of there, and let their militaries destroy each other.

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 09:13 PM
link   
This situation has the potential to explode into an all-out regional war. I don't think anyone over there wants to see this escalate. The only people who would benefit are the PNAC crowd. And they do not represent the best interest of the USA.

new topics

join