It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Theory...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I had a thoery and I am not sure if it belongs here or in the UFO area cos it involves both areas. It seems a bit goofy but here goes.

We have all heard that "Eyes are the window to the soul".

We also all know that lots of people have diffrent eye colors and that maybe diffrent colors indicate diffrent types of soul.

Now what if certain genetic factors influenced what kind of soul can inhabbit a body?

Then what if aliens are possibly engineering the human race to elminate a certain type of soul from being able to come into existance? For whatever reason.

It is kinda silly but I thought I would share the idea.

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shinji

Now what if certain genetic factors influenced what kind of soul can inhabbit a body?

Then what if aliens are possibly engineering the human race to elminate a certain type of soul from being able to come into existance? For whatever reason.

I don't think so... IMO there's only one soul that exists that has split itself in quadrillions or septillions of "individuals". So there wouldn't be any difference between souls (at their core). So any aliens wouldn't be able to block certain souls from inhabiting a body on the physical level.

But of course, this would be just a believe from my part as well...

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I'd have to agree with Bandit in saying that if you break a soul down, it should be the same thing (after death) no matter what it inhabits.

Why specifically was eye color the first thing you thought of for something like this? I'd say that if anything, the different races would make more sense.

Anyway I'm gonna take biology's word for it and assume there is nothing up with eye colour except a difference in alleles.

Also aren't all babies born with blue eyes? That kinda throws a wrench into the whole thing.

[edit on 23-7-2006 by Yarcofin]

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 09:35 PM
link   
As far as I'm concerned....

The soul, either individual or collective, is infinite beyond its physical vessel. That being said, it would be difficult to believe that eye color could contain or divert the path of a soul once it is either in the process of entering a vessel (human or other body) or in the process of leaving it by way of death. I've in recent years become accepting of the fact that aliens exist, however, they are like many many people who live here on earth who's social circle I will never encounter. I acknowledge they are there and wonder at their existence, but pretty much figure that what aliens have is what I will likely not. Just as I will not likely be able to view the "soul windows" of the ultra rich or the very famous. I wonder if that's why they are famous/rich and I am not....but I digress.

The eyes are the window of the soul refers not so much to the way in which we may enter that soul, but rather a means of viewing it or at the very least gaining some information about it. I believe that eyes also are comprised of the expressive nature surrounding the eyeball and the expressions of the face itself. The way a person sees you is registered often by the response the face does or does not make. In a sense, our entire face makes up another portion of that window.

At least, that's how I see it.

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Also aren't all babies born with blue eyes? That kinda throws a wrench into the whole thing.

Huh? Who told you that? That's the most rediculous thing I've ever heard!

[edit on 23-7-2006 by whadayawant]

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Many Caucasian babies are born with blue eyes, though their eyes will darken, or change color. Most infants' eye color will set within a couple of days to a couple of weeks, though some people's will continue to change for a number of years.

Wikpedia

As it turns out, most babies are born with blue eyes (perhaps this explains the phrase "baby blues"). Dr. Anne Marie Helmenstine of About.com explains that the transformation has to do with the protein melanin. Melanin is a brownish pigment that adds color to your hair, eyes, and skin. At the time babies are born, melanin hasn't yet been "deposited" in the eyes' iris. Hence, they appear blue.

Ask Yahoo

chemistry.about.com...

Also what about people who have two different eye colours (ie one green and one blue), or people who's eye colours change.

new topics

top topics

join