It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli Attacks Qualify as War Crimes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 05:05 PM
link   
To the victors go the spoils, and the losers heads shall roll for in the land of McWar might brings right, and screw all that civilized morality bunk!

Attacks Qualify as War Crimes, Officials Say NY Times
The United Nations’ top human rights official said Wednesday that the killing and maiming of civilians under attack in Lebanon, Israel and Gaza and the West Bank could constitute war crimes.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

UN rights expert calls for independent war crimes inquiry in Gaza Jurist
Paul Hunt, the UN Human Rights Council's Special Rapporteur on the right to the highest attainable standard of health, has called for an independent inquiry into war crimes in Gaza, saying that some Israeli attacks on Gaza are a violation of international humanitarian law

Minister condemns Israeli action BBC
Speaking in Beirut, Mr Howells said: "I very much hope that the Americans understand what's happening to Lebanon.

"The destruction of the infrastructure, the death of so many children and so many people. These have not been surgical strikes.

The lesson today is:
Groupthink Extremism
Are you afflicted?

[edit on 22-7-2006 by Regenmacher]

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 05:23 PM
link   
With your groupthink link, I couldn't help but to think of how a political party can win elections in states that have a large population of religious persons.
Get them to think you stand for religious issues and you got'er made.

Religion should be kept out of politics, it's just bad news; masquerading as good news.

Religious issues can also slant how people percieve other countries as well, relating their innocence of a country according to their religious viewpoint.

[edit on 22-7-2006 by Toadmund]

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Many people have been banting about the term "war crimes" a lot.

Lets just define it so we are all talking about the samething here.

War Crime:Any of various crimes, such as genocide or the mistreatment of prisoners of war, committed during a war and considered in violation of the conventions of warfare.

www.answers.com...

I could be wrong hee, it happens very occasionally

But there is no declared war by Israel to Hezbolla or Lebanon.

I believe the leader of Hezbolla declared war on Israel-but I don't know if this qualifies since hezbolla is a terrorists group and not a country or it's government-yes i know that the terrorist group DOES have representives on the government of Lebanon

now lets see just what the "conventions of war are-shall we?

There are a lot of links-more thani will go through now, I will, however, provide a link to the page with the links.

fletcher.tufts.edu...
www.answers.com...

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon
I could be wrong hee, it happens very occasionally

The defining moment of a war crime is: If you lose the war, you swing from the tree, and the more you play war roulette the more likely a 00 will come up. Participants in war follies hope the tables never turn, especially when their morality in the pursuit of death and destruction is questionable.

So how long does the biggest debtor nation in the history of mankind last,
when his Asian credit line is shutdown and he's losing euro friends?

Faith only goes so far and then you have to eat.

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Regen,

If you quote me, please full quote me so as not to purposely change then entire meaning.

My statement was followed by 5 or 6 laughing face icons-clearly showing I was making a playful joke.

By not including them you unintentionally-I hope-changed a joke to a lie and we all knowingly posting lies is against ATS TAC

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon
If you quote me, please full quote me so as not to purposely change then entire meaning.

The thread is not about derailing the topic with trivial semantics, analness, control freakness, egomania or feelings. If viewers can't read the original reponse and see the word "hee" in my quote then they have a brain problem and they can go look at themselves in the mirror.

I suggest the children in the war zones dictate if crimes were committed, since most adults have hard time with truth and honesty. Wonder how all those kids in Palestine like there $50 million dollar US insured power plant blasted off the map, cause the parents on either side can't grasp the concept of perserving the future for the sake of the next generation?

So far we are doing a great job at leaving them all a big pile of used blown up crap and that in itself is a war crime against all humanity.

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Show me 150 million people that agree with you... and I'll show you 150 million people that don't. THAT is our biggest problem. How do we fix that?

AAC

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnAbsoluteCreation
Show me 150 million people that agree with you... and I'll show you 150 million people that don't. THAT is our biggest problem. How do we fix that?

First start would be showing that destruction is "never" a solution and a supreme waste of finite resources and that starts with education. The other end of the spectrum of truth through destruction, means humanity eventually becomes a cooked sandpile from numerous wars. Not much a choice there.

Question is how long do we want to keep playing the fool and tempting fate? I've had enough of this "kill it dead" nonsense already and people not being held accountable for aiding and abetting goals toward global annihilation. Hawkins has less hope than I do in saying we better find another planet or we are going the way of the dinosaurs.

So shall it be give up the ghost are start up the life?
Looks like no brainer to me, so maybe the answer is more brains.

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Regenmacher

Originally posted by AnAbsoluteCreation

First start would be showing that destruction is "never" a solution and a supreme waste of finite resources and that starts with education. The other end of the spectrum of truth through destruction, means humanity eventually becomes a cooked sandpile from numerous wars. Not much a choice there.

Question is how long to we want to keep playing the fool and tempting fate? I've had enough of this kill it dead nonsense already and people not being held accountable for aiding abbetting global-annihalation. Hawkins has less hope than I do in saying we better find another planet or we all are going the way of the dinosaurs.

So shall it be give up the ghost are start up the life?
Looks like no brainer to me, so maybe the answer is more brains.

I agree!!! But the unfortunate part is people with no brains, don't believe they have no brains. In fact, they believe they have all the brains. That is helplessly paradoxical.

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Why, all of the sudden does the UN decide to flex it's extremely flabby muscles?
What exactly were they doing for the last 20 odd years in the region?

Now, the UN speaks up. Too little, too late for them to be of any consequence.

They sleep until all hell breaks loose, then they blame everyone.
Thats why they are being ignored, as they should be.

[edit on 22-7-2006 by spacedoubt]

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt
Why, all of the sudden does the UN decide to flex it's extremely flabby muscles?
What exactly were they doing for the last 20 odd years in the region?

Now, the UN speaks up. Too little, too late for them to be of any consequence.

They sleep until all hell breaks loose, then they blame everyone.
Thats why they are being ignored, as they should be.

[edit on 22-7-2006 by spacedoubt]

Here we go again with the "blame the UN" crap.

The UN is made up of member nations. It is not a seperate entity. If the UN cannot do anything, it is not the UN's fault itself, it is the interests of the member nations at fault, namely the permanent members of the Security Council.

Blaming the UN when it is the Veto holding countries blocking resolutions is daft.

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 07:44 PM
link   
It's not "crap"

I'm not blaming them for anything.
They don't do or accomplish anything. They are blameless.
They "watch", and then issue "statements"
inconsequential.

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 07:52 PM
link   

It's not "crap"

inconsequential.

Yes, but they can't do anything due to the member nations vetoing anything they don't like, until the resolutions get watered down so much they are meaningless. No nation should have the right of veto, then we would see the UN being far more effective at what we want them to do.

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
No nation should have the right of veto, then we would see the UN being far more effective at what we want them to do.

That falls back on the old might brings right and to the victor goes the spoils (vetos). Old programming dies hard, especially when we continue to spend more on ways to shoot and blow up children rather than educating them.

Man has yet to find a way out of his war and hoard conundrum. Strange we haven't been able to solve it since the dawn of civilization...earth suffering from mass retardation?

Some say we need more brains through transgenics and dna manipulation. Maybe we should try and see.

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 08:43 PM
link   

It's not "crap"

inconsequential.

They tried to pass a resolution, but America vetoed it.

Calling for a ceasefire is too much for America to ask.

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Regemacher,

Aren't both sides commiting war crimes according to that NY times article???

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 10:27 AM
link   
If the Opposition parties had any cajones, these would be HUGE issues in the upcoming elections, and the (new) winning parties would push for war crimes tribunals to convene and criminals indicted.

With Negroponte firmly enscounced in the UN, don't expect any help from the US that doesn't benefit ScrubCo, Cronnies, or Funnel, Inc.

But they'll be sure to see that JesusSaves will help come to the rescue. You can bet on that.

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795

IMO, Hezbollah is committing crimes against humanity, but only Israel is a party to the Geneva Conventions. Also Hezbollah is not a party to the International Criminal Court.

Common Article 3 Of Geneva Conventions

With all that in mind, war is a thieves and murderers playland. A lawful or PC war is a fool's fallacy, when the gloves really come off civilians and children are slaughtered en masse, their cities leveled and destroyed, their lands burned and turned into a toxic waste dumps. It all falls back to the winner and they decide what justice will be done, if any. (i.e. Dropping the bomb on Nagasaki and Hiroshima, no one was charge with a war crime.) Good people demand accountability, since criminals sure as hell won't. Letting war crimes persist could very well lead to nuclear weapon usage, ethnic cleansing, infanticide, genocide, debtor prison, and slavery becoming the new lawful norms.

So we have chosen to roll the war bones, knowing the destoyer uses loaded dice...

Best not crap out, cause there will be hell to pay...bank on it.

[edit on 23-7-2006 by Regenmacher]

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Regenmacher

Originally posted by TheBandit795

IMO, Hezbollah is committing crimes against humanity, but only Israel is a party to the Geneva Conventions. Also Hezbollah is not a party to the International Criminal Court.

Hezbollah is a terrorist group and this sort of thing is expected from a terrorist group. They should be dealt with criminally as a kidnapper normally would. Israel on the other hand is supposed to be a Democratic nation. This sort of thing should not be dished out from such a powerful country. With reactions like this it still amazes me how people will actually think that they have the right to hold and keep WMD. I have always held that no country in the ME is sane enough to have the right to control the worlds destiny with such a powerful weapon.

Pie

top topics

join