It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Green Party are republicans?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I never knew that,

over the last few months, i have been trying to find my feet in politics and link myself to a party that suits my belief. Did anyone else know that the Green Party believe and support a republic Britian?

also, they support a new written constitution that defines our rights and responsiblities (is that where Mr.Cameron got his Bill of Rights idea from?)

[edit on 22-7-2006 by infinite]

[edit on 22-7-2006 by infinite]

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 11:20 AM
link   

i have been trying to find my feet in politics and link myself to a party that suits my belief. Did anyone else know that the Green Party believe and support a republic Britian?

I have known that for years, although, I agree with some of their policies , I do no agree with their stance on a republic. Just my own opinion.

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Well, my views on a republic is pretty well known in these part of the woods
I am a very pro-Republican....

Head of State is a policy that is very important to me. The Green Party do stand in my area and i am very warmed to voting for them now.

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 06:02 AM
link   
I emailed the Green Party and this is their official party line on the Monarchy:

unlinkable source - email
The Green Party believes that the hereditary principle should have no place in government. Therefore the Green Party advocates that:
1. No person shall acquire the right to any office of government by inheritance.
2. An hereditary peerage shall confer no right to sit in Parliament.
3. The monarchy shall cease to be an office of government. The legislative, executive and judicial roles of the monarch shall cease.
4. Peers and members of the royal family shall have the same civil rights and fiscal obligations as other citizens.
5. A settlement of property held by the current royal family shall be made, to divide it between that required for the private life of current members of the family and that to be public property.

Another aspect I don't like about them

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Hmmmm, IMO they're far more right than wrong on the environment -

but in any case diverting into nonsensical arguements about whether everyone 'believes in' the whole global warming issue are kind of narrow and besides the point to me, I just don't want me and mine living in an polluted, ecologically ruined and disgustingly poisoned toilet -

and now this on the Monarchy!

I'm warming to those Greens myself.

[edit on 26-7-2006 by sminkeypinkey]

top topics

join