It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel Takes a Stupid Pill

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 08:43 AM
link   
1. Hezbollah entered Israel and attacked the border patrol, not the other way around. This has been argued in other threads and proven false.

2. That list of resolutions is mostly the UN "deplores" condemns" "is angry" stuff. As discussed in another thread, one cannot enforce the emotion of another. I am not going to enforce your anger, it isn't possible.

3. Israel targets sites that are either used by Hezbollah, services Hezbollah or will weaken Hezbollah's ability to launch missiles into Israel. They are now also hitting targets that damage infrastructure as well as hinder Hezbollah's ability to operate. It most definitely isn't fair to the Lebanese people but, had they complied with the UN resolution to disband Hezbollah when Israel finally complied with the resolution to withdraw from southern Lebanon (they did, full and complete withdrawl in 2000), then the infrastructure attacks and the whole damned fight would probably not be happening.

Souljah, you start a thread that calls Israel terrorists and you sympathise with the millitant groups and then, when you get a few pages of people disproving your theory, you run and start a new one. It's getting old.

Show me the military targets in Haifa. Show me one target in Haifa that was hit that was military. Show me one target in Haifa that was hit that might have been a military target. Show me one hiafa target hit that was near a military target.

there are none. Your comrades are launching missiles into areas, hoping to hit civies. The IDF is at least attempting to take out terror targets. They are even risking pilots by flowing lower than normal to try and gain more accuracy in their attempts to thread the needle and take out the targets surrounded by civilians.

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
2. That list of resolutions is mostly the UN "deplores" condemns" "is angry" stuff. As discussed in another thread, one cannot enforce the emotion of another. I am not going to enforce your anger, it isn't possible.

So then if those adjectives are worthless in regards to Israel then, The UN "agrees" that the Sheba Farms belongs to....thereby technically making it Lebanese land you'd figure? or does this special "word" rule only pertain to states like Israel only?

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
your main source, for which I think it is Fox News.

Actually - CBS, NBC, ABC, FOX, CNN, MSNBC as well as the newspapers
are ALL reporting the same thing - that Hezbollah armed itself; went into
Israel; attacked a military post; kidnapped Israelies; and held them for
ransom. I saw the BBC report as well as some foreign tongued news
with subtitles - probably from France - on the TV say the same.

Looks like your 'news source' is the one that disagrees. From a look at
it's home page I'm not surprised.

And you are going to tell me "Free Your Mind"?

Yep. Go out and get a breath of fresh air. You are filling it with propaganda.
The TRUTH is - Hezbollah won't leave Israel to live in peace so now it's getting
what it asked for. Sorry. But it's true.

If not anything else, you are Funny!

Glad to bring some amusement into your life. I'm also bringing some
facts and truth .. but you can't see it right now. Perhaps in the future.
All I can do is hope.

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThePieMaN
So then if those adjectives are worthless in regards to Israel then, The UN "agrees" that the Sheba Farms belongs to....thereby technically making it Lebanese land you'd figure? or does this special "word" rule only pertain to states like Israel only?

they aren't useless. That's not the point. It has been stated, repeatedly in defense of Lebanon's inability to honor the UN resolution calling for all militia to be disarmed, that Israel has not honored a bunch of resolutions. Then, that list is brought up and that list consists of a whole slew of adjectives, as you put it, and very few orders. Of the orders listed, most of them were complied with via the 2000 withdrawl from southern lebanon and yet, everyone is up in arms with Israel for not complying with the UN resolution that deplores something. Let me give you an example of this.

If I make a statement that says "I condemn Souljah for starting yet another thread that blames Israel for everything" how can Souljah enforce my statement? Does he condemn himself for the thread? No, he doesn't. He takes note of the fact that I am not happy with the thread and he goes about his life.

(souljah, I used you and your thread because it is your thread and the example seemed fit. )

I will add to my request examples of military targets in Haifa, an example of how Israel is not honoring the resolutions that express a feeling or emotion.

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
are ALL reporting the same thing - that Hezbollah armed itself; went into
Israel; attacked a military post; kidnapped Israelies; and held them for
ransom.

Ofcourse they report the same thing - they are all Corporate MainStrem Media.

That's what they are payed for - especially from the side of Pro-Jewish-Lobbies.

Israeli Soldiers Were Captured INSIDE Lebanon

It all started on July 12 when Israel troops were ambushed on Lebanon's side of the border with Israel. Hezbollah, which commands the Lebanese south, immediately seized on their crossing. They arrested two Israeli soldiers, killed eight Israelis and wounded over 20 in attacks inside Israeli territory.

Hezbollah Seize Israel Soldiers

No mention here of the hundreds of Lebanese held illegally in Israeli torture dungeons. Earlier this month, the Lebanese government complained to the UN Secretary General representative in Beirut about “the nonstop arrest of detainees, and … the hundreds of missing persons, which poses as a violation of human rights.”

Israel has admitted abducting Lebanese for political purposes, but for some reason this fact is not mentioned in the corporate media. In the late 90s, before Israel was evicted from southern Lebanon by Hezbollah, it was a common practice for Israel to abduct entirely innocent Lebanese and hold them as “bargaining chips, ” and not hold them, according to Amnesty International, “for their own actions but in exchange for Israeli soldiers missing in action or killed in Lebanon.” As usual, these facts are ignored by our appointed ruler and the corporate media.

Few understand the magnitude of Israel’s abduction of Lebanese, accused of resisting Israel’s illegal occupation, or the fact many of them were tortured in the Khiam torture dungeon. “Lebanese detainees held without trial or after expiry of their sentences in Israeli prisons and in Khiam are Israel’s forgotten hostages,” notes Amnesty International. “Amnesty International knows of 21 Lebanese nationals who have been captured in Lebanon and transferred to Israeli prisons either without ever having been sentenced or held beyond the expiry of their sentences. These are just some of the detainees whom Amnesty International believes Israel to be holding as hostages. Most of them were captured by the Israeli Defense Force (IDF) or by one of the pro-Israeli Christian militias in Lebanon, the Lebanese Forces or the SLA. Many of them were held in detention centers in Lebanon under Lebanese Forces’ or SLA control before being transferred, usually secretly, to Israel.” No mention of this in the corporate media.

So no Wonder your Opinion is so different then mine - the news I read are kind of not mentioned in the Corporate MainStream Media you wrote about.

But then again, you will soon label the source as an Anti-Western one, the poster for an Anti-American - still nobody even tries to investigate this Facts written above, how Israel has violated International Law, by Abducting several Lebanese, who resisted their ILLEGAL Occupation.

As you can see, there is no such thing as DEFENDING, when you are Illegally Occupying another country for so long, Abduct their people - and when you cross the border yet again, and face a Valid Resistance, then shout "TERRORISTS!".

And all pro-Bushy fanatics will swallow that Lie.

I Spit.

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
there is no such thing as DEFENDING, when you are Illegally Occupying another country for so long ...

Israel isn't occupying Lebanon. They haven't been there for a long time.
This battle has nothing to do with that past history. Hezbollah invaded Israel
and took Israelies; then ran back to hide amongst the civilian Lebanese.
(who have invited Hezbollah to be part of their government)

Hezbollah invited this mess. Now they have to live with the consequences.

I Spit.

Try Lysterine. It helps with that kind of problem.

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Wrong, wrong,wrong.......... it has been ocuping part of lebanon since they first came in , near the border, but you dont know that do you

This battle has nothing to do with that past history.

Unfortuently it does, in their previos incursion they kidnaped people on the street,and refuses to give them back after lebanon asked for them, the UN also asked for their returned and a resoluton was issued , it was never folowed, so this is really a retaliation.
After you wait and wait and wait what do you do? hmmmmmm? and if the law says
it's also ilegal, they captured the soldiers for a swap, what other choice did they have , israel is ignoring the law.

[edit on 24-7-2006 by pepsi78]

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Souljah, the thread you linked starts with a link to a yahoo news source.

Here's paragraph one from the source that subz used for his thread:

"Israel's government authorized on Wednesday what it called a severe response after the Lebanese guerrilla group Hizbollah captured two soldiers and killed eight others in cross-border attacks"

Hezbollah committed cross border attacks? Are you implying that they were in Israel and went into Lebanon to attack an Israel border patrol?

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 09:44 AM
link   

This battle has nothing to do with that past history. Hezbollah invaded Israel
and took Israelies; then ran back to hide amongst the civilian Lebanese.
(who have invited Hezbollah to be part of their government)

A little bit of History Repeating?

Remember '78?

Remember '82?

More to Lebanon War than Meets the Eye

At first glance, history seems to repeat itself in Lebanon, where a lengthy cold war is intermittently interrupted by an extreme show of violence as traditional players quickly sprint into action, stacking their support behind one party or the other.

News headlines remind us of past conflicts such as that of 1978 – when Israel illegally occupied parts of Lebanon – and 1982 – when Israel unleashed a full scale invasion and most deadly campaign against its small neighbor to the north, killing tens of thousands, mostly civilians.

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 01:06 PM
link   

are ALL reporting the same thing ...

Yes. And they are all owned/controled by the same companies/people (Bilderbergs, CFR, Trilateral Commision etc.)

Funny, no?

<< 1  2  3   >>

join