It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Osama in China?!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 09:33 AM
link   
The following link leads to our Member Valhall's Blog that I think is worth reading...
blog.abovetopsecret.com...

Springer...

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Absolutely not. China is one of the last places Osama Bin Laden would be hiding. It's more likely that he is in Afghanistan or Pakistan. Are you hoping that he is in China to give the U.S. a pretext for war?

Also, there is already a thread about it here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 22-7-2006 by KingMongolBlueHat]

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by KingMongolBlueHat
Absolutely not. China is one of the last places Osama Bin Laden would be hiding. It's more likely that he is in Afghanistan or Pakistan. Are you hoping that he is in China to give the U.S. a pretext for war?

Are you insinuating somebody said they hoped he was just to start a fight here on the board?

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Very interesting indeed.
Good blog Val

It would seem like an almost perfect place for him to be. Plus the splittists possibly linking up with OBL is something that I had never even considered. If it was confirmed that this was the case, would it not draw the ire of China against OBL? What is Chinas stance on OBL anyway? For that matter, what is OBL's stance on China?

Of course this is all assuming that OBL is in fact alive and well.. Personally I think hes with Hoffa. I still cannot find it anywhere, but there was an Egyptian News article a few years ago that said that OBL was dead and that there was a service and an unmarked grave. It may be somewhere on this site as a matter of fact, but ATS is so damned huge that I cannot seem to find it again.

[edit on 22-7-2006 by TONE23]

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I think he may be in the Nepal region ....If he's stiill alive

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Very good piece, Val. Fascinating - it led me to do some research on the East Tujue. The part about the Tomahawks being bought by the Chinese (which "Chinese"?), the capture of the 2 East Tujue, etc. was very interesting.

I can envision an espionage/terror film with a scene depicting a tall Arab brokering a missile deal with some rough Chinese in a dimly lit cave at the top of the world...

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 05:45 PM
link   
he may live somewhere in texas with his brother Mr. Bush.

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 04:55 AM
link   
BIN LADEN in CHINA?

couple of years ago it would have sound and seem far fetch but

since the world's "top notch" intelligence agency, spy drones, wire tapes, billion "$" GPS and spy satellites and etc. can't seem to pin point the worlds "most wanted man" exact location

your guess is good as mine, no one really knows at this point because if they did they would be cashing in on the reward $ - what is it 50 mill in US currency?

now hell why not

CHINA the one place you would not think to look first hmmm no chance "hell" maybe, who's to say

actually would not be surprise if the "grumpy old man" was operating out the CHINESE controlled sector of KASHMIR

[edit on 23-7-2006 by LAWNMOWERMAN]

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 06:05 PM
link   
First of all, WHY in the world would China even RISK holding him?

Seriously, that question ends this stupid discussion.

What would happen if the rest of the world found out that China was protecting Bin Laden? Um.. Let me think... Wouldn't the US drop all of it's investments and trades with China? Do you honestly think that the Chinese gov't officials are willing to risk protecting Bin Laden? You guys have seemed to forget that there ARE CONSEQUENCES TO CHINA if people found out.

Guys... think the obvious before wandering into something so ridiculous.

Are people just TRYING to portray China as evil or something? I don't get it.

[edit on 23-7-2006 by k4rupt]

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Its really ideal if you think about it. Lots of mountains to hide in. Even if the the Chinese are looking for him, why would they have any more luck or lack there of that the US looking in the Tora Bora region?

Most importantly if he is the US CANNOT bomb, send in SF or anything. Byt he time they got the Chinese to look he would be long gone.

I do not see any incentive for the CHinese government to keep him. Why? The US is building up quite a presence in in that part of the world based on the war on terror. If you get out a map, you can see this more clearly. Pakistan, India, Afganistan, et al. If anything they would give him up to reduce US pretexts for even being in the region.

Good Find Valhall

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 10:45 PM
link   
China? A crippled Arabian guy with a beard wouldn't blend in too well there, much less OBL. Especially not with a $50 mil US bounty on his head, which is probably mounted on the wall in Hayden's office among those of other desert mammals.

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 10:58 PM
link   
China? Or Tora Bora?

I say he's either in the Chitral area or he is in Sweden.

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by k4rupt
First of all, WHY in the world would China even RISK holding him?

Seriously, that question ends this stupid discussion.

What would happen if the rest of the world found out that China was protecting Bin Laden? Um.. Let me think... Wouldn't the US drop all of it's investments and trades with China? Do you honestly think that the Chinese gov't officials are willing to risk protecting Bin Laden? You guys have seemed to forget that there ARE CONSEQUENCES TO CHINA if people found out.

Guys... think the obvious before wandering into something so ridiculous.

Are people just TRYING to portray China as evil or something? I don't get it.

[edit on 23-7-2006 by k4rupt]

Are you trying to portray yourself as totally devoid of reading comprehension? And take your "stupid discussion" comments elsewhere. It's almost impossible for you to garner from the article that I imply the Chinese government is harboring bin Laden. The information I gathered in the article - WHICH BY THE WAY IMPLIES NOTHING BUT JUST SHARES INFORMATION (WTF IS THAT SO HARD FOR PEOPLE TO UNDERSTAND???) - points to the East Tujue separatists hiding him.

The only positive thing I got out of your disconnected rant was that I found out how utterly hard it is to type a reply while I've got the fingers of my right hand on my forehead.

Dubious_Skunk

Check out some of the links I listed at the end of the article. They have quite a few pics of the indigenous folks in the Wakhan area - I don't think he'd be all that out of place if he tried to represent himself as part of those tribes.

[edit on 7-24-2006 by Valhall]

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Val

Just fyi, reference #8 needs to be fixed.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I'd love to be a fly on the wall at the g-8, when his name came up.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Valhall,

Excellent work! As for a reason why, I believe that Chinese action has been more posturing than anything else. I believe it is in their best interest to keep Osama / Al Quaeda alive, even at the risk of problems in thier own outpost, just to keep a live thorn in the US's side. China has its eyes on controlling its side of the hemisphere and the US is all that stands in the way. By keeping the war on terror alive, NK stirred up, and whatever involvement it may take with Iran & Co., the US is kept busy and distracted, and politically divided. I think it is another pin prick that can help slowly bleed an adversary dry. China plays the long game, and the US tends to play in terms of 4 years. Great job!

GSA

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 12:21 PM
link   
You have voted Valhall for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have used all of your votes for this month.

Thats a fantastic piece of blogging there, full of insight and intelligence. Thank you for sharing that with us Valhal, and as you say, it may just be possible that seperatists in china may be hiding him away or have knowledge of his where abouts...

Truth is always stranger than fiction.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Why does it matter where he is? Osama is old news. If he's not dead [which IMO is most likely] he has, at least been rendered totally ineffective. Even his involvement in the 911 attacks is a matter of conjecture. Have we forgotton the true meaning of 'Al Qaeda'?. American equipped, American trained, American supported.

Theorising on his whereabouts at a time where the seeds of hatred towards the West are sown on a daily basis, is as futile as searching for the Loch Ness monster. There are a thousand new Osamas out there waiting to be realised, angry at the western worlds invasion of Iraq, angry at the continued support of Israel as it perpetuates total war against an Arabic civilian population, and angry at the shear apathy/stupidity of a population that stands by and lets it happen. Osama has been nice and quiet, and is all well with the world? No. Not by a long shot.

[edit on 25/7/06 by Implosion]

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Implosion
Theorising on his whereabouts at a time where the seeds of hatred towards the West are sown on a daily basis, is as futile as searching for the Loch Ness monster.
[edit on 25/7/06 by Implosion]

If you are campaigning on not discussing something because the topic seems passe, or even worse, irrelivant and silly it would be wise to remember that on ATS, people do search for the loch ness monster. Yes, I know this is PTS. If you want to dispute the info, that's fine, but saying it no longer matters won't suffice for debating the issue.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
Val

Just fyi, reference #8 needs to be fixed.

jsobecky,

It works for me.
The referenced article is nearer the bottom of that page.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join