It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California fires & terrorism?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I came across this article and this man believes Al-Qaida might be linked possibly to the fires..........

Here's what we know:

1. arson is suspected in at least some of the blazes;

2. al-Qaida was planning, according to one captive and an FBI memo last June, to torch forest land in the western United States as late as last summer;

3. al-Qaida is believed to have practiced for such a mission in the Australian bush country;

4. al-Qaida has taken inspiration before from Palestinian terrorists, who have torched hundreds of thousands of acres of Israeli forest; and

5. the fires plaguing California are, in many ways, the worst ever to hit the state.

worldnetdaily.com...

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Wildfires are pretty much an annual occurence in California and Nevada.....however I feel that it would be unwise to totally rule out terroists as they would be capable of such things.

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 03:48 PM
link   
all California needs now is a blackout tomm when the geo-mag storm hits! The governor would have his hands full then.

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 04:01 PM
link   
The West has been extremely dry the last couple of years...haven't seen any rain here for a long time. Drought conditions continue to this day...perfect scenario for an arson or terrorist. Either way...homeowners need to learn how to prevent and defend against wildfires as they are becoming very prominent.

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I dont think that it was a terrorism attack it was just a natural occuring event.

-Dagger

posted on Oct, 29 2003 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Maybe the people most likely to profit, builders, and such had something to do with it. If it gets burned down, people have to rebuild. Just a thought.

posted on Oct, 29 2003 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dagger
I dont think that it was a terrorism attack it was just a natural occuring event.

-Dagger

They have verified its arson. And have one of the suspects of starting the fire in custody.

posted on Oct, 29 2003 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I heard that some of the fires were started near freeway entrance. Every year arson fires occur, but this
time it's so spread out. Almost pattern like and when the Sana Anna winds kick up. The smoke from the fires is in Nevada now.
There were sure a lot of arson fires in Las Vegas a few months ago. It seems someone likes setting fires to new housing constuction areas.

posted on Oct, 29 2003 @ 11:47 PM
link   
It could be the ever so famous Eco-Terrorist.???

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 12:33 AM
link   
I was very interested in the "California Fires & Terrorism?" thread since I think about it quite a bit since the fires started. An interesting thing I came across today was when I was talking to my mom about the fires, she told me that arial shots of where the fires originated all showed a gray (or white) van in the area.

Just a thought...

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 12:41 AM
link   
It only takes 1 man on a mission who doesnt care about anyone or anything or the world around them and just goto the local hardware store or wal-mart and pick-up some products combine them and wreck havoc upon everyone.

posted on Oct, 31 2003 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by MountainStar
...There were sure a lot of arson fires in Las Vegas a few months ago. It seems someone likes setting fires to new housing constuction areas.

I heard, don;t remember where, but it were those damn stupid hippies, in the ELF. (Earth Liberation Front)

posted on Oct, 31 2003 @ 01:55 AM
link   
You mean the same van that was seen in the Sniper shootings? Oh boy.... Screw ups

posted on Oct, 31 2003 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I don't think it's terrosism related. I mean, if they were really gonna attack us, why not go for a much bigger target? I don't think it's very symbolic for a bunch of Islamic terrorists to set brush on fire and call it part of their jihad.

I went to San Diego last weekend, and the place where I stayed was like right between the two fires, but I don't think it'll burn down. Dang, the amount of smoke ws incredible. It was like driving through the end of the world!

posted on Oct, 31 2003 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by 10DeadInside10
I was very interested in the "California Fires & Terrorism?" thread since I think about it quite a bit since the fires started. An interesting thing I came across today was when I was talking to my mom about the fires, she told me that arial shots of where the fires originated all showed a gray (or white) van in the area.

Just a thought...

It's always a damm white van!!! Spookmobiles!
Last night in Denver, NC a WHITE VAN (!) was found on the side of a highway. It contained a bomb inside. The reporters and today's paper said NOTHING about who owned the van or if they have apprehended anyone. Can u believe that? They sealed off the highway for several hours and exploded the bomb. Today there was only a brief mention in the regional/local section. It said there were two bottle-size bombs. This has nothing to do with the thread other than all those FROCKEN WHITE VANS.....

posted on Oct, 31 2003 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Last year was also a bad year in California for fire, too. Although fire is a natural thing, it occured to me last year that arson would be a cheap, low risk way to create maximum havoc with the least risk to a terrorist.

posted on Oct, 31 2003 @ 08:51 AM
link   
And whatever became of the guy they just caught a week or so ago sabataging the power lines? That one slipped into the memory hole quick. Did they ever come out and say who he was and who he was working for? It was suggested that he was some kind of eco-terrorist, but he sounded more CIA-like to me.

posted on Oct, 31 2003 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
And whatever became of the guy they just caught a week or so ago sabataging the power lines? That one slipped into the memory hole quick. Did they ever come out and say who he was and who he was working for? It was suggested that he was some kind of eco-terrorist, but he sounded more CIA-like to me.

now your talking. al queda, HAHA! eco terrorists, ...HAHAHA! try FEMA.

posted on Oct, 31 2003 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Although fire is a natural thing, it occured to me last year that arson would be a cheap, low risk way to create maximum havoc with the least risk to a terrorist.

Nah...to succeed, a terrorist looks for...

1. High visibility and shock value (fires hardly qualify)...
2. Massive loss of life, and preferably in a dramatic way (again, the fires don't really qualify here)
3. Fear that it can happen anywhere, at anytime...(again, fire misses the bill)...

Wildfires happen every year, and also due to careless campers. Sometimes, we can look too deeply and see something that isn't there....

posted on Nov, 1 2003 @ 02:21 PM
link   
thehippiedude is correct .. i also came across this information ...

Verified intelligence indicates that Islamic terrorists had a hand in some of the existing fires in southern California that have already engulfed over 1/2 million acres.

Saturday, 12 July 2003: PHOENIX, Arizona - The FBI alerted law enforcement agencies last month that an Al Qaeda terrorist now in detention had talked of masterminding a plot to set a series of devastating forest fires around the western United States. Fox News.

Internet Intercept 26 October 2003:

"Allah's soldiers will devastate America by its burning...this is nothing but the start of the punishment assisted by Cherisher and Sustainer of the worlds....These are the new fires different from the normal as Ramadan starts."

and also check out this space image pic. Yikes!

Also Gazrok, although I hear what you're saying, this information might make everything make a little more sense if indeed the 2 are connected.

22 October 2003; 2000 EDT-- Network director Douglas Hagmann obtained reliable information from a federal field investigator that at least one suspected terrorist is currently under surveillance and their movements and activities are being tracked in the Pacific Northwest US -- specifically in the state of Oregon. The suspected terrorist is believed to have the electrical power grid as their target, according to the source close to the investigation*.

Updated 23 October 2003; 0210 EDT-- Direct contact with a federal source on-scene provided information that a suspected terrorists was stopped while "in the process" of attempting to "sabotage a power substation" - one that could in theory, disrupt power for a large part of the Pacific Northwest. This Network has also received INDEPENDENT CONFIRMATION from a source within the power company that maintains that substation. The disposition of the suspects is unknown at this time*.

Updated 23 October 2003; 1145 EDT: "Law enforcement is currently in hot pursuit of a gray haired, lone older man with a murder and explosives background. He is evading law officers on a motorcycle in remote areas of OR. Authorities have found several towers with all bolts removed in OR. This is separate and distinct from the CA story. Developing.

Analyst Notation: Please note that multiple sources have independently confirmed this breaking development, and further speculated that this individual could be associated with the ELF (Earth Liberation Front). The possibility that the Oregon and California situations might be related, although are completely different incidents, cannot be overlooked. *Edited in light of updated intelliegence.

[Edited on 1-11-2003 by MessedUpAnnie]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join