It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Updates on the XM8?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 09:04 AM
link   
A while ago I heared about the XM8 and it looked interesting to me so could anyone tell me how the project is progressing or point me in the right direction please? I'm perticulary interested in if it will be exported to other countries if that helps
Thanks

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I believe the project was shelved for right now to allow competition in the US to try to come with something, it's a political thing really.

Perhaps the US Army should adopt the SCAR?

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 09:10 PM
link   
It's not quite shelved, but it's not really under very active development either.

Following several complains about non-competitive procurement of the XM8 system from Heckler-Koch USA, US Army first opened the bidding for contract to other companies, and then, in the July 2005, suddenly suspended the entire OICW Increment 1 program to re-think the entire set of requirements for the possible replacement of current M16 rifles and M4 carbines. These requirements will be re-viewed as Joint Services effort. At the present time, it seems that development of HK XM8 is suspended; it may be resumed if XM8 suit the new US Joint Service Requirements for a new assault rifle system; or, it may not. We will watch this process closely and update this article when new information will be available.

world.guns.ru...

That's as of September 2005.

new topics

join