It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If no one like the way Israel is doing it....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 10:31 AM
link   
If no one-country- likes the methods Israel is ussing to remove the terrorists from Lebanon, why don't THEY step up to the plate.

The Uk has delt with terrorists and not always nicely- I seem to remember Sunday, bloddy sunday............

Russia has delt with terrorists-think the school that was distroyed and how they moved troops into chenciah........ and they were no nice than israel is being, from what I have rwad, much less kind!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK, all those countries that don't like this method, step up to the plate and show ua all how U remove terrorists and their weapons

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I geuse pieman won't reply here

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 10:46 AM
link   
HaHaHa ... Well Well .. you silenced everyone Monsoon ... They were backing us in Iraq then they started pulling out. Why do you think the U.S. is the super power that everyone is worried about ??? I mean here in the U.S. they have taught us to be afraid of China .. because they have so many people and are so smart. And then in Russia because it is such a big place. How coudl we ever go in there and take over anything ? But in reality we have it all .. We have nuclear weapons stationed all over the world, Besides the U.S. Who cares if someone hits us in the U.S. we will launch our strike from else where. So hmmmm ... What do the other countries in return think os the U.S. besides what the U.S. thinks about France. LMAO

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon

OK, all those countries that don't like this method, step up to the plate and show ua all how U remove terrorists and their weapons

You condemn the capturing of your Soldiers, and then make at least some attempt at negotiating their release. You have not done this. You have done this on previous occasions, and no violence ensued for 5 years or so. There were no Rocket attacks from Hezbollah until you started bombing Lebanese Villages, Towns, and Cities. There would be no reason to remove Hezbollah, or their weapons, if you would just release their Prisoners you took whilst occupying Gaza and Lebanon. You do not occupy those Territories any longer, so give them back the thousands upon thousands of people you are holding. If some of them are too dangerous, then don't give those ones back. Sound fair enough?

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 11:07 AM
link   
The way to deal with terrorism is not to incite it, or fund it in the first place. Israel created Hamas in the same way the US created Alqeda. The US has been regime changing and screwing around in the Middle East since freaking Barbary in the 1700's. Another example, in the 1980's we were funding and training the Kurdish Rebellion in Iraq against Hussien, Funding and supplying Hussien against Iran, then funding and supplying Iran against Iraq, and using that money to fund terror in South America all the while we created a little mess in Afghanistan supplying and funding terror there against the Russians. The we act suprised when these people get pissed off?

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deus_Brandon
HaHaHa ... Well Well .. you silenced everyone Monsoon ... They were backing us in Iraq then they started pulling out. Why do you think the U.S. is the super power that everyone is worried about ??? I mean here in the U.S. they have taught us to be afraid of China .. because they have so many people and are so smart. And then in Russia because it is such a big place. How coudl we ever go in there and take over anything ? But in reality we have it all .. We have nuclear weapons stationed all over the world, Besides the U.S. Who cares if someone hits us in the U.S. we will launch our strike from else where. So hmmmm ... What do the other countries in return think os the U.S. besides what the U.S. thinks about France. LMAO

I find your reply strange and not on topic, as i see it.

Me silenced-PLEASE!!!!!!!!!! NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You say They were backing US-my reference was to Russia and China and neither supports/supported us in Iraq-nothing, nada. I will grant they did not send in troops to stop the us-if that is what you mean

Now, wether the citizens of the US are affraid of Russia and or China is not the point at all.

The point is, I will restate it for you:," If other countries don't like the way Isrtael is dealing with it's terrorists problems, why does a country/countries stand up and say

"you go back to your country, we will send our troops in and stop all the terrorists and get all their weapons. We will also prevent new fighter/money and weapons from coming into LEBANON"

i SAY THIS TO UK/Russia/China/France and anyone else who does not like Israels methods!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Communication_Burger
You condemn the capturing of your Soldiers, and then make at least some attempt at negotiating their release. You have not done this. You have done this on previous occasions, and no violence ensued for 5 years or so. There were no Rocket attacks from Hezbollah until you started bombing Lebanese Villages, Towns, and Cities. There would be no reason to remove Hezbollah, or their weapons, if you would just release their Prisoners you took whilst occupying Gaza and Lebanon. You do not occupy those Territories any longer, so give them back the thousands upon thousands of people you are holding. If some of them are too dangerous, then don't give those ones back. Sound fair enough?

How about Hezbollah not going into Israeli territory and taking the soldiers in the first place! In my opinion the only thing wrong with Israel's response is that they have held back too much. Lets face it this whole thing was a setup to generate propaganda and to try to get sympathy for Hezbollah. In my opinion Iran and Syria probably put them up to it because they don't have the balls to do it themselves. The Palestinians need to wake up and realize that they have been used as pawns for decades.

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deus_Brandon
HaHaHa ... Well Well .. you silenced everyone Monsoon

I won't speak for anyone else, but personally I don't usually like to reply to such obvious fishing expeditions - however, sucker that I am...

I seem to remember Sunday, bloddy sunday...
well you don't remember it very well then do you? Bloody Sunday took place in Belfast when Paratroopers came under fire from an IRA active service unit and 28 "civil rights protestors" were killed. The arguments rage to this day as to who opened fire first and how many of the dead were peaceful protestors and how many something more sinister. What is not in dispute is that UK soldiers were subjected to rocks and other missiles being thrown at them by rioters or that the IRA was present and opened fire on British troops.

Throughout the "troubles" in N. Ireland there was no state of war and British soldiers ran the risk of prosecution for murder if they acted illegally and some were charged and jailed in controversial circumstances.

Over 3500 people died in the "troubles", over 1000 of those being members of the security forces. What may be telling given the present situation is the fact that despite the fact that the IRA was supported and sheltered by the Irish Republic and members of that Government were allegedly actively involved in their activities at no time did British forces invade Eire, bomb their towns, or shell their beaches. Neither did we carry out any similar operations against those USA citizens who so freely and misguidedly funded them. We fought a long and very dirty campaign against Irish terrorism during which major cities and civilian targets were mercilessly bombed throught the UK - yes, soldiers also made mistakes but our record there stands up for comparison against any anti terrorist campaign.

When it comes to "stepping up to the plate" the UK can be confident that it can, and will always, be able to point to a superb record around the world. Today we have peacekeeping forces operationg in Cyprus, Democratic Republic of Congo, Liberia, Kosovo, Sudan, Georgia and Sierra Leone, Bosnia and Afghanistan, all working under the banner of the UN.
www.fco.gov.uk.../Xcelerate/ShowPage&c=Page&cid=1007029394140

In 1983 we, along with much larger forces from the US, France and Italy "stepped up to the plate" in the Lebanon where many UN peacekepers lost there lives trying to keep warring factions apart. Already in this action one Indian UN peacekeeper has died.

British forces ultimately walked away from the "plate" in the old Britsh Mandate of Palestine (mandated to us after WWII by the UN), not least because we lost patience with having our soldiers butchered by Israeli terrorists.

In Iraq and Kuwait we have stepped up to the plate twice alongside the US and others to remove Sadaam Hussain. I won't seek to debate the rights and wrongs of those actions here but suffice to say that once again, despite the controversy surrounding the second Gulf War both campaigns were fought at the cost of British lives in support of UN resolutions.

Our forces have already shed much blood in the Middle East, some to help Israel and some at its hands, today we don't have the resources to continue the work although doubtless we will be called again at some time in the future and doubtless we will respond, again. But in the mean time if all you want is advice on how to do it properly I'm sure there would be many in Government and the armed forces who would be happy to advise.

Until then the UK requires no lectures on "stepping up to the plate" from anybody and smugness in the face of the continued death and destruction in the Lebanon is unseemly at best.

[edit on 20-7-2006 by timeless test]

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Timeless, the points were to show that many countries have had issues like this one now and have in fact always ended in bloodshed.

Does it mean uk?russia?china..... Is cowardly-no, I am not saying that-really!

What I am saying-over and over again, is "IF" other countries don't like the way things are being resolved by Israel, I am sure Israel would be happy to let someone else remove the Hezbollah and it's weapons.

But, as I have said...NO ONE is stepping up to the plate to do so, BTW that includes the US.

So, the way I see it and Israel for that matter, is that they will have to take care of it since no one else will.

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 03:19 PM
link   
The question is not whether or not it will end in bloodshed, sadly, that was always inevitable just as it was in Northern Ireland, the botched seige rescues in Russia or the inexcusable mess that was ( and still is) Chechnya.

The question is how does any nation resolve disputes, (of whatever nature), without resorting to unnecessary and disproportionate violence?

What irritated me about your original post was firstly the suggestion that other nations were not prepared to put their people on the line to try to help bring some kind of peace to the region which is palpably untrue and a disgraceful insult to all foreign nationals, such as the Indian peacekeeper, who have given their lives doing so. Secondly you imply that Israel has the right to solve the problem in whatever way they see fit because no one else, (as you falsely claim), is prepared to try to help.

Sorry mate but that is utterly unacceptable in a civilised world - we all have the responsibility to act in accordance with international law and in a civilised manner even whan faced with an enemy who refuses to do so. Time and again Israel infuriates the rest of the world, (with the possible exception of 2% of the US population), by reacting in a way to provocation which is disproportionate and barbaric. How can a civilised nation possibly justify bulldozing or bombing the homes of families with no consideration for the safety of innocents simply because one family member is considered a combatent or militant? Do Israelis have any concept of the sheer contempt that so many other people have for their hypocrisy? I doubt it.

And now, they justify the present actions by saying they are trying to recover three hostages. What utter garbage, only an imbecile cannot recognise that the hostages, no matter how dreadful their ordeals, are being used as excuses to facilitate the pursuit of much wider ambitions. A small dose of honesty would at least help others to appreciate their position.

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 04:20 PM
link   
why dont the usa and uk speak out???
Israel are doing nothing more than they did in Iraq.

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon

No this is wrong, you make it sound like Hezbollah is a damned government. IT ISN'T. They are no different that al queda. They have no right to have missles. Basically what you are saying is this. If I were to start a terrorist group here in the USA, and we recieved 20,000 missles, and kidnapped 2 American soldiers, killing 8 others while we did so, that should be allowed, and the US should just offer me something for their prisoners back, and then do nothing else about it? Baloney. You know it and I know it. They aren't a government, they are terrorist. No different from any other major terrorist group, besides they are holding a whole country (Lebanon) hostage.

[edit on 20-7-2006 by l0rds0fcha0s]

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 03:50 PM
link   
How can someone be holding a WHOLE COUNTRY HOSTAGE ??? If the country doesn't ahev teh NUTZ to fight for itself ... F em ... Let the Taliban ... F in .. Terrorists have teh country ... Let them thrive there for a couple years. Then when they build up enough strength they will be able to attack anyone they want to. Guess what there are more of them than there are us. They have been here longer. PERIOD THE END ... This is LUDACRIS ... They have Taken control of a country .. how can you hold something hostage that is GIVEN TO YOU !???? HOW THE F*** YOU THINK THEY GOT THIER STRONGHOLD WITHIN THE COUNTRY ?? You think they just closed thier eyes and made wishes ??? Some people are so OBLIVIOUS !!!

SO NOW BEING STUPID IS BLISSFUL ??

[edit on 21-7-2006 by Deus_Brandon]

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 03:54 PM
link   

You are so MIGUIDED ... The Hessbolla ... has been attacking Israel all through the peace talks and Israel has just said ok this is not .. Lebanon .. But guess what .. it was and is and will forever be in Lebanon .. So here is what you do.. YOu destroy everyone in teh country ... from 0- 100 years of age ... and re build over them and erradicate thier race. Then and MAYBE then we will be done with the fight ... But that will not happen ... Armagaeddon still has to happen.

[edit on 21-7-2006 by Deus_Brandon]

Mod Edit: Reduced Quote.

[edit on 21/7/2006 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by a RACIST.
You are so MIGUIDED ... The Hessbolla ... has been attacking Israel all through the peace talks and Israel has just said ok this is not .. Lebanon .. But guess what .. it was and is and will forever be in Lebanon .. So here is what you do.. YOu destroy everyone in teh country ... from 0- 100 years of age ... and re build over them and erradicate thier race.

I'm misguided, yet you call for eliminating everyone in Lebanon, even Children? You want to erradicate their enitre race, and rebuild over them? Whatever guidance you are recieving, I don't ever want it.

Mod Edit: Reduced Quote.

[edit on 21/7/2006 by Mirthful Me]

Reduced quote?! Mirthful Me, what the hell kind of a Mod edit was that?

Originally posted by Mirthful Me
Posting will be on topic, and within the Terms and conditions.

Mod Note: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

Mod Note: Middle East Conflict Forum Posting Conduct – Please Review This Link.

Do you eat your own little Yellow hat in front of us all?

What disgraceful Bias.

[edit on 21-7-2006 by Communication_Burger]

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 04:17 PM
link   
to the guy above me....
Israel won't erradicate the race....we aren't killers
but what I do know,is that the enemy will sure as hell to that to the jews,if they get the chance.

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I don't think these countries who are condemning Israel care about Lebanon or anything, it is just they don't want ALL OUT WAR. Meaning war with Syria and Iran, and then oil going up by huge amounts. It is okay when the US goes in and does it because, most Arab countries won't threaten them because the US is much more powerful militarily and they get supplies/weapons/money from the US. So it is a different situation. That is why Israel is so condemned, because they can incite huge problems that nobody wants. Unless the US and Israel does...I don't know, there are so many theories

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jewish_hammer
to the guy above me....

I'm not saying that's the agenda, but the guy I quoted, and replied to, said that exact thing. He said to exterminate everyone in Lebanon, of every age, and then kill their entire race.

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jewish_hammer
to the guy above me....

I'm not saying that's the agenda, but the guy I quoted, and replied to, said that exact thing. He said to exterminate everyone in Lebanon, of every age, and then kill their entire race.

Sorry , I just wanted to wake everyone up ... in this thread and make everyone realzie that Israel is not trying to erradicate thier entire race. Although that really truly maybe the only answer. Although it will not be allowed to happen. These countries have een and will be fighting for all of eternity. Whether it be named some other country or not these people will still flow with the same blood. Anyways ... these people are not seeing anything else to live for basically so why not Fight ?? Fighting takes peoples mind off of the nothingness that is in thier lifes. I mean I would fight for my country if we ever came down to it ... I would be one of the first to go ... But, as for now ... Please by all means ... Someone from Iran or Iraq attack us .. Please ... come over to Texas and attack us ... We wil show you what Lebanon or the Labanese are not showing you. Whether it be cause your brother is fighting with them .. or it be because they are scaring you ... I would rather die fighting for a good cause then get scared or have my brother get killed by someone else.

new topics

top topics

join