It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

wavey UFO's

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 08:54 PM
link   
On June 23 or so me and two friends saw what we believe to be a UFO. It was triangular, with lights at each point. Due to the fact it was night, it was covering up patches of stars, and I could not see a tail. The most interesting was that it was waving, or shimmering. Have any of you heard about anything like this or have any thoughts?

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Yes, I have. I've explained it in what now seems as countless threads, so this time I'll just link to those explanations.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please try to answer the questions I asked highhorse and any other people who's seen UFOs I might've asked. I'm really interested in exactly how the shimmering looked like (I referred to it as flickering), or just say if it looked like what I'm describing.

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 11:11 AM
link   
During the Phoenix lights in '97 there were witnesses who were interviewed ( forget which documentary ?) - they said not only was this giant triangular UFO the size of several football fields, but this one kid said when looking at it, it was "wavy" kindof like on a hot day when you look in the distance. So if anything, that corroborates your story.

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZoooMer
During the Phoenix lights in '97 there were witnesses who were interviewed ( forget which documentary ?) - they said not only was this giant triangular UFO the size of several football fields, but this one kid said when looking at it, it was "wavy" kindof like on a hot day when you look in the distance. So if anything, that corroborates your story.

We saw ours (Triangles) around last Thanksgiving last November. It was the first day since the fall season began where it was actually cold outside, somewhere in the thirties and we were all bundled up in our winter coats and hats that day. The triangle we saw (the one that was closer) was not shimmering or hazy or anything like that (except for the flashing lights that seemed a bit hazy -- one set was a deep reddish salmon color.... I thought that was odd. It was a cloudless clear day out there and we could even see the sun reflecting off its grey metallic surface. The other triangle that was flying further off into the distance but was parallel to the one that was closer to us however did appear to be shimmering but it probably looked like that because it was further away and less distinct. (though we could still tell it was shaped like a triangle too).

[edit on 20-7-2006 by Palasheea]

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 02:42 PM
link   
when i first saw it I was pretty sure it was just an airplane distorted by the desert heat, but I dunno...
anyway it was like it was like the refresh you see on your computer screen if you point a video camera at it, only the lines werent as straight.

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 03:46 PM
link   
That sounds exactly like what I saw. If you read my posts you'll see I never saw a triangle shape, only 2 light sources and a flickering in the middle of them wich yes, reminded of a computer screen flickering. Oh, and you need to remember, a computer screen flickers almost too fast for the human eye to percieve, so if it flickered any faster than that you wouldn't see it.

Do you think you could try to describe it with more detail? Did the flickering change size? For me it kind of looked like it did, like the area in wich the flickering was changed size with every (fast) flicker/refersh. Like there was a new picture there with every flicker, sorta like a screen.

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Dexon, what a bewildering experience that must have been to see something behave like that. I can see how hard it is to even describe it in words but you seem to have done pretty good job of that because I can envisioned that object in my mind based on your description of it.

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 07:35 PM
link   
That's nice, but I'm pretty dulled down by a lifetime of TV and a decade of internet.
I pretty much just stood there and tried to notice as much as possible. I wasn't chocked, I wasn't nervous, it was a fun experience and I even though "hell, this thing's gonna fly right over the city' aaand.. just about then it started to turn. *sigh* I wanted a dussin other witnesses telling my story.
Oh well, the turning part wasn't that bad either, that's when I started noticing all the cool stuff (other light that eventually became larger and the actual camouflaging part).

I have to say that the only part of my sighting that was bewildering was when it went behind a building and I decided to try and run around the building to catch it again, making me have to choose between the long pedestrian sidewalk (stupid curvy swedish arcitecture) and trying to beat traffic by taking the road... meant for cars. I ended up holding up traffic and, duh, not seeing my UFO anymore.

new topics

top topics

join