It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donkey being used as an IED.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Instead of the usual IEDs or VBIEDs its now an ABIED. Of course it doesn't surprise me, but does it surprise you? I have seen human bodies and carcasses of dogs being used for IEDs where American and Iraqi forces does not suspect, in the beginning of course, later on American led coaltion learns from it and to be aware. However, it seems to me that using the donkey for an IED pretty much disgusts some people. But then its war.
Don't know what the target looked like, look like a heavy duty truck, don't seem to belong to the U.S. Army or Marines. Possibly attacking a supply convoy.

www.youtube.com...

I thought I posted the video in my first post, guess not. Anyways here it is.

[edit on 19-7-2006 by deltaboy]

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
Of course it doesn't surprise me, but does it surprise you?

Doesn't surprise me in the least. I think at one time they even planed to use camels however, I do not know if that became a true fact.

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Maybe they have their own version of republican and democrat insurgents.

We'll know for sure if we see an EID.

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Using Animals to carry bombs isn't new. In WW2 the soviets trained dogs to look for food underneath tanks, then strapped Anti tank mines to the backs of the dogs. They weren't very successful as they trained the dogs with soviet tanks, so they didn't destroy the German ones very much.

It doesnt particularly surprise me either that Insurgents are doing this.

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 08:52 AM
link   

top topics

join