It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In a war who would win USA or Canada?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Look I just had a guy tell me that Canada would basically crush the US in a war, and I want both sides opinions on it.
I sa we win the war in no less than 10 days, Iraq is putting up 10X's the fight in my opinion, what is your opinion?

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Whoever said Canada would crush, or even beat the US, then they are sadly mistaken.

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by RetinoidReceptor
Whoever said Canada would crush, or even beat the US, then they are sadly mistaken.

It was in the eastern canada are ingrates thread towards the bottom.

His exact words were.

"Go ahead. Try and invade Canada. We'll hand your asses back to you on a plate, like we did the last time."

I can't figure out this last time.

[edit on 19-7-2006 by l0rds0fcha0s]

[edit on 19-7-2006 by l0rds0fcha0s]

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Hmmmm, I confess that I don't know much about Canadas military, but I have to think that the US would absolutely crush Canada, and it would be as quick as the original Desert Storm.

I believe that the Canadian who made the declaration that they would hand the US their asses on a plate, may not have had all his faculties about him, or should I say "abooot him".

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I believe the "last time" he is talking about was the war of 1812? possibly? not quite positive on that. I do know that we did fight the french at some point, and maybe he is refering to the fact that at the time we fought them , the french were in control of part of canada?

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 11:30 AM
link   
He is talking about the war of 1812, when the White House got burned down.

I think it would take longer than 10 days. It's a little harder to tell who the resistance is when they look exactly like you. And I'm sure someone with a good grasp of history will come along and tell you that Canada at war is not to be taken lightly.

You also need to take into account that if you attack Canada, you go to war with every member of the Commonwealth. Some of those include the UK, Australia, India, Pakistan, New Zealand and Cypress. You would lose a lot of valuable allies and either have to close bases in those countries, or fight to keep them.

It could be done, but it wouldn't be the quite cakewalk that most Americans like to think. And I honestly couldn't think of a stupider move on the part of the US.

[edit on 19-7-2006 by Duzey]

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 11:50 AM
link   
My own view is that this is an entirely pointless post.

It is never, ever, ever, going to happen, nor even come close to happening.

Considering it is highly likely now that a North American Free Trade Area is likely to happen within the next few years, there is more chance of Elvis being elected Pope than of Canada and the US going to war with each other.

[edit on 19-7-2006 by Englishman_in_Spain]

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Duzey

You also need to take into account that if you attack Canada, you go to war with every member of the Commonwealth. Some of those include the UK, Australia, India, Pakistan, New Zealand and Cypress. You would lose a lot of valuable allies and have either have to close bases in those countries, or fight to keep them.

I was meaning One on One. No help from anyone else. It is kind of pointless, and I know as well as the next guy it won't happen, But when that guy said that I wanted to get some others opinions on it.

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I believe that the western provinces of Canada will peacefully join the AFE when it is announced. However, the eastern provinces (that have been tainted with french influence) may take some 'persuading'.

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by l0rds0fcha0s
Look I just had a guy tell me that Canada would basically crush the US in a war, and I want both sides opinions on it.
I sa we win the war in no less than 10 days, Iraq is putting up 10X's the fight in my opinion, what is your opinion?

Considering our army is nothing compared to yours, and the army we do have is for pretty much only peacekeeping I would say the US would destroy us very quickly.

Why all the Canadiana hate eh?

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 01:34 PM
link   
double post, please delete
!

[edit on 7/19/2006 by pstiffy]

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by l0rds0fcha0s
I was meaning One on One. No help from anyone else.

Why?

Canada is part of the Commonwealth still. Attack us and you've attacked every member of the Commonwealth. You couldn't keep them out of it. No, it's probably not going to happen, but if it did, that's the reality. You'd be fighting many of your allies.

Discussing this is beyond pointless if it's not based in reality. I mean, I could say that Canada could beat the US in less than a week if we deployed the Fire Breathing Dragons Company and sent in our suicide zombie caribou to do clean up. That doesn't make it anywhere close to being what would happen.

The US has more guns, planes, bombs, and manpower. We have a bigger extended family. You fight with what you have, and that's what we have.

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 03:02 PM
link   
It's not 1812 anymore, you would crush us like a bug. All these years of no military build-up, all we've got to show for it is good health, good manners and educated poor people. lol.

Since 911, Canada signed an agreement with the states that if it looked like terrorists were taking over, you have legal permission to invade. It would only take a good misinformation campaign.

Anyway, the global empire is an economic one, we signed off/on in NAFTA.

Soon as the municipal water treatment plants, which haven't been updated in decades, become dangerously toxic, our water will be privatized to multi-national companies. Just like our other resources. We're all being farmed. Canucks and Yanks alike.

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I've got 5 to 2 odds on the hosers.........just because they're hosers.

Peace

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Textusa will prevail!!!

new topics

top topics

join