It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli Diplomat: All Terrorists are Muslim.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Another Day in the Empire

Imagine a member of the KKK going on the Bill O’Reilly show and declaring all African-Americans are shiftless crackheads. Imagine the outrage and calls for Fox News to be investigated for promoting racism and hatred. Now imagine an Israeli diplomat going on Bill O’Reilly’s show and declaring all Muslims are terrorists. In fact, this happened, and nobody is calling the diplomat, Dan Gillerman, Israeli Ambassador to the UN, a racist or are there demands Fox News be investigated for promoting racism and hatred. In Bushzarro world, it is fine and dandy to characterize all Muslims as terrorists.

“While it is politically incorrect to say that all Muslims are terrorists, unfortunately, it’s true that all terrorists are Muslim,” Gillerman said on O’Reilly’s show yesterday, July 16.

Of course, when Iran’s Ahmadinejad says anything about Israel, it is front page news. In fact, so eager is the corporate media to demonize Ahmadinejad, it reprints distortions of his comments (Ahmadinejad never said Israel should be “wiped off the map,” as widely reported), which are then used to further rationalize “all Muslims are terrorists” comments.

Simply Pathetic, that this man calls himself a "diplomat".

Yet another proof, that a certain "diplomat" can get away with saying such Racist and Genocidal things, and the corporate media ignores that.

Makes me wanna
!

Edit: Fixed misleading title.

[edit on 18-7-2006 by intrepid]

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 01:53 PM
link   
People like that set about to incite others. Mainly people with limited contact with muslims since those are the most ignorant. Thats really a shame people like him are the people shaping world policies.

Pie

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Yeah, I saw this earlier. It's disgraceful. If you couple this 'diplomats' blurtations with official Israeli statements that they are going to 'eliminate all Terrorists in the area,' you've got yourself a pretty sinister state of affiars.

What is the current Civilian death count in Gaza and Lebanon?

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 01:56 PM
link   
You might want to reread the article. He didn't call all Muslims terrorist:

"While it is politically incorrect to say that all Muslims are terrorists, unfortunately, it’s true that all terrorists are Muslim,”

Nice try with the spin.

May we have our next contestant Gene?

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 01:58 PM
link   
well from your quote he didn't call arabs terrorist, he said all terrorist are muslims, not that it makes it any better, your title is just a lil confusing.

Yes, I think he's stupid for saying it, I mean cmon now, terrorist come in all flavors, remember the patriot act?
lone wolf extremist haha.

not a laughing matter though, I despise Bill O'Riely, and his whole fair and balanced BS propaganda he spouts. Sometimes I wonder if he really believes what he says, or is the pay just too awesome, or is he just an organic robot?

Fox News knows how to manipulate their audience.

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
"While it is politically incorrect to say that all Muslims are terrorists, unfortunately, it’s true that all terrorists are Muslim,”

There is not Sping - he said ALL TERRORISTS ARE MUSLIM!

Do you agree with that Statement?

It is pretty much saying that All Muslims are Terrorists, since no other Religion is using Terrorism as their Weapon - just Muslims.

Do you agree with that Also?

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah

Do you agree with that Statement?

It is pretty much saying that All Muslims are Terrorists, since no other Religion is using Terrorism as their Weapon - just Muslims.

Do you agree with that Also?

No, there's a HUGE difference. If you can't see the difference you're blind. Now, who's going to fix the misleading title, you or me?

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Well I tell you what the initial statement was the desirable one all muslin are terrorist.

If any of you can not see through the veil of deception to fuzz the middle east problem and Israel attacks on Lebanon then . . . I guess I leave it at that.

For years since 9/11 that is what has been drilled in our minds Terrorist, muslin,.

Muslin, terrorist that is the way the words have been play with.

[edit on 18-7-2006 by marg6043]

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 02:06 PM
link   
How the hell is saying all muslims are terrorists the same as saying all terrorists are muslim?

Statement A says all 1.2 billion muslims are terrorists. False.

Statement B says all 100,000 terrorists are muslim. Technically false, but the vast majority are indeed muslim.

They are FAR from the same. Stop trying to spin it.

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Nice try with the spin.

Spin? Saying "While its Politically incorrect to say that all muslims are terrorists"
Thats like double speak. Cmon.

Thats like saying "Well I wanted to call you an XXXXXX but I changed my mind and Ill just call you XYXYXY instead"

he actually said what was really on his mind without breaking the rules.Besides that, there are other terrorists of different ethicities and religions. The ones in the forefront yes, are muslims as of late.

Pie

[edit on 18-7-2006 by ThePieMaN]

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Actually, it is spin, and I should have read the whole article before I replied. I saw these headlines on infowars.com, too, and I didn't bother reading it there either. The title was exactly the same as Souljah's is here. Saying all Terrorists are Muslim is still stupid, and wrong, but it's no way the same as saying all Arabs are Terrorists. There is a difference.

Thanks to those who pointed this out. Sorry I didn't read through the article fully this time before replying, it doesn't happen often.

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Nice try with the spin.

Good Job intrepid. People are trying to spin this!! This is pathetic. Is it me or does Oreilly claim the spin stops here? Gillerman never called "all" muslims terrorists.

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 02:10 PM
link   
You don't believe that the terrorism Israel deals with every day is perpatrated solely by Muslims and Arabs?

This guy's comments aren't that insensitive in the context of what was being discussed. It's just another example of Muslims unable to deal with any critism of any Arabs or Muslims period.

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I love the spin that was put into the title of this thread. If I say "All chocolate ice cream is made from milk" you can then start a discussion on how I said "All milk is chocolate ice cream". Bravo!

You spin me right round, baby right round
Like a record, baby right round round round

[edit on 18-7-2006 by dbates]

link   
good god

for the sake of arguement

arab

n 1: a member of a Semitic people originally from the Arabian peninsula and surrounding territories who speaks Arabic and who inhabits much of the Middle East and northern Africa

Mus·lim

1. also Mos·lem (mzlm, ms-) A believer in or adherent of Islam.
2. A member of the Nation of Islam; a Black Muslim.

Not all Arabs are Muslim, just like not all Westerners are Christians.

[edit on 18-7-2006 by Lysergic]

link   
I disagree with what Gillerman says, all terrorists are not muslims. Unfortunately, the majority of the terror acts we read about are committed by muslims but that doesn't mean they are all muslims, just that the majority of terror activity is coming from that sector.

That said, let's look at the real issue here.

“While it is politically incorrect to say that all Muslims are terrorists, unfortunately, it’s true that all terrorists are Muslim,” Gillerman said on O’Reilly’s show yesterday, July 16.

Yet another proof, that a certain "diplomat" can get away with saying such Racist and Genocidal things, and the corporate media ignores that.

Thread Title: All Arabs Are Terrorists
Actual Comment "all terrorists are muslims"
all this is proves is that you failed to read your own post or decided to go with the usual sensationalization spin which is completely off the mark and nothing more than a totally invented comment.

well done Souljah, first you actually fire off the anti-semitic remark and now you are resorting to altering people's comments to better suit your posts.

link   

Originally posted by ThePieMaN
Thats like saying "Well I wanted to call you an XXXXXX but I changed my mind and Ill just call you XYXYXY instead"

he actually said what was really on his mind without breaking the rules.

#1- 1). Posting: You will not post any material that is knowingly false, misleading, or inaccurate.

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbates
I love the spin that was put into the title of this thread. If I say "All chocolate ice cream is made from milk" you can then start a discussion on how I said "All milk is chocolate ice cream". Bravo!

I love that one

But then again Iran is suppose to be the number one financier of Hezbollah . . . hezbollah is a terrorist group.

But Iranian hezbollah members are not Arabs . . . they are Persian.
Right!

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 02:29 PM
link   
wow.

nice one, you actually twisted what he's said, to 1. further your own agenda against Fox, 2. further your agenda about Israelis/Jews. I could go on.

Irish Christian terrorism against the UK has almost died. So at the moment, most terrorists seem to be using their god to justify acts of immense brutality, and I'm afraid to say, all around the world, they SEEM to be Muslim. Not Christian, not Jewish, Not Sikh, and not Hindu. Who else? Jedi's?

Chechnya, Sudan, Khasmir/India.

Its a stupid thing to say, for a diplomat, particularly in the current situation.

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Its pretty clearly factually incorrect to say that all terrorists are muslim. There are irish terrorists, anglo-irish protestant terrorists, hindu terrorists, jewish terrorists, chinese maoist terrorists in tibet, and even catholic-levantine terrorists, etc.

The bulk of world terrorism is a result of fanatical islamism, BUT, at the same time, the anti-israeli terrorists in the begining, while muslims, weren't fanatical muslims, arafat's PLO was relatively secular. Either way, its silly to say that all terrorists are muslims.

Imagine a member of the KKK going on the Bill O’Reilly show and declaring all African-Americans are shiftless crackheads

Completely different from what the yehudi said. An equivalent analogy would be to say "all Black Panther members are black', or something like that.

It is pretty much saying that All Muslims are Terrorists

No its not, its pretty different.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join