It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shorter Prison Terms

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I am abored by the fact that murders are getting shorter and shorter terms in Prison. This seems to be a non ending factor. I am beginning to believe that one day they will only get a slap on the hand.
Very few murders are getting long terms these day. I know of several cases in which the murderer only got three years after shooting his mother in the head. And most recent case of a man murdering and only getting seven years. What is all this about. It all makes me terriblely mad.
I think we should find a Island (isn't this most peoples idea) that NO one knows where it is. Out in the middle one of the oceans and drop them all of them off there and tell them to survive.
Or how about the middle of a big desert or in the middle of some place that is icy and about -100 degrees. Of course I don't know what the answer is but less than 25 years without probation doesn't even sound like enough.
Further more I think that if the criminal admits to the crime then maybe he/she should be offed right away. I don't believe in capital punisment, but when one admits they did it, then the deed should be done.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Most authorities would cite overcrowding in prisons to be the main reason for early releaes, or shorter prison terms.

I think that if our justice system truly worked that Capitol Punishment should be brought back for the most heinous crimes.

But alas. the justice system is severely flawed. Note many convicted rapists and murderers having their convictions overturned, due to new DNA evidence backing their claims of innocence.

And since our justice system is flawed by such things as law enforcement agencies, and prosecutors just trying to find someone to pin the blame on, and not enough resources provided for a more detailed investigation, it will continue.

Our justice system needs a total overhaul, if it is ever going to convict the right perpetrators the first time.

And if that time ever comes, I think that the punishment should fit the crime.

Mass murderers, rapists, etc. should all recieve the death penalty, or at least never be able to be in public ever again.

2 cents.

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 09:41 PM
link   
huh, thats very true.
But theres levels and what not on how they sentance ppl.
The first guy i ever slept with is in jail for a min of 40 yrs and thats just in NC.
But they need to keep victums more informed, i had to be a witness at the trial and i find out he had made bail for 4 months and i wasn't told. He could have done something.

new topics

join