It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

News Media Deliberately Feuling the Flames?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 11:24 AM
link   
This morning on Yahoo news I noticed these picture... not to distract from the seriousness of the situation in the Middle East... but I can't help wonder what journalists are up to with pictures like these...

A Hezbollah gunman aims his AK 47 at a fire caused by an explosion in Kfarshima, near Beirut, Lebanon, Monday, July 17, 2006. Lebanese TV stations broadcast video pictures Monday claiming to be an Israeli military aircraft

Picture One

A Lebanese Hizbollah guerrilla looks at a fire in a Beirut suburb, July 17,2006. (Issam Kobeisi/Reuters)

Same fire

Picture Two

A Lebanese army soldier tries to get control of a blaze started by an explosion in Kfarshima, near Beirut, Lebanon Monday, July 17, 2006. Lebanese TV stations broadcast video pictures Monday claiming to be an Israeli military aircraft

Same fire closer up

Picture Three

My questions are..
Why is the first guy aiming his gun at a fire in a rubbish heap?
Why is the second guy garding the burning rubbish heap?
Picture three clearly shows its a dump with rubber tires piled high..

So why is the Israeli Airforce targeting rubbish heaps as the article implies, [though doesn't come out and say it] Surely Isreal has better intel and better target than some old rubber tires.

I have heard that the News does a lot of propaganda... but this? Tell me those poses weren't a setup? Maybe I am too naive? Or are they trying to stir us up?

[edit on 17-7-2006 by zorgon]

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 11:31 AM
link   
actually the 3rd pic says, it is a fire started by an explosion. therfore it might not be the same fire. i highly doubt it.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by l0rds0fcha0s
actually the 3rd pic says, it is a fire started by an explosion. therfore it might not be the same fire. i highly doubt it.

Ummmm pic one says "explosion in Kfarshima, near Beirut, Lebanon, Monday, July 17, 2006." " video pictures Monday claiming to be an Israeli military aircraft"

same byline for pic three only difference is one says soldier pointing gun other says soldier trying to put out fire? ummm not the same fire? Your kidding right?

[wondering how one guy is going to do anything about a pile of burning tires that big
]

Yet another

A Lebanese soldier uses his mobile phone in front of a fire caused by an explosion in Kfarshima, near Beirut, Lebanon, Monday, July 17, 2006. Lebanese TV stations broadcast video pictures Monday claiming to be an Israeli military

Picture Four

Same byline, cept this time a reg soldier making a phone call. Just how many people have they got lined up for a photo op? Must be the only fire they have....

Picture Five

Why would one need to blow up a rubbish heap? Makes a lot of smoke and flames, good film footage, but seems total pointless. An accident? maybe but the top picture shows the rubbish heap quite far from any settlements.

I may be wrong, but it looks like a setup to me.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Update More "Fuel for the Fire"

A Hezbollah gunman watches a fire causes by an explosion in Kfarshima, near Beirut, Lebanon, Monday, July 17, 2006. Lebanese TV stations broadcast video pictures Monday claiming to be an Israeli military aircraft falling to the ground in the area, but Israeli military said no aircraft was shot down over Beirut and there was no immediate confirmation of the cause of the explosion. (AP Photo/Hussein Malla)

Picture Six

Same gunman still pointing his gun at it [kinda just holding it with one hand] but now the story is a plane shot down, no plane in the fire... no plane reported lost... and then no cause for the explosion.. all in the same paragraph...

Lebanese soldiers stand guard along a street as smoke rises from a burning object in a Beirut suburb July 17, 2006. Israeli Defence Minister Amir Peretz said on Monday that no Israeli jet or helicopter had been shot down over Lebanon but did not rule out that a drone many have been downed. REUTERS/Issam Kobeisi (LEBANON)

Picture Seven

A few pics further story changes again. This time its an "object" and may have been a "drone" Still the same fire but you can't see the tires. Seems they are getting a lot of news from this one fire...

Then they post Same Pic as number two with the same guy now with the new story of the "object"

Talk about creative journalism. Are these guys any different than "the bad guys"? Seems like deliberate disinformation...

Finally Still another soldier pointing rifle at the fire

Last One

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Oh no, is it possible? The media trying to sensationalize death and destruction?

Pardon the sarcasm, but really now..... We all know the media does this stuff but it's usually a case of wanting the ratings versus propoganda. Every human has their bias's and folks in the media are no different, however, I think this is not the proof of manipulation you want it to be.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by looking4truth, I think this is not the proof of manipulation you want it to be.

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I was browsing old postings and came accross this post. I know that the photos in the links that you gave have now changed, but the captions that you provided in your post clearly point to photos that are just now being widely examined and proclaimed as staged, faked, or otherwise altered.

zorgon you get my way above vote and 2 thumbs up for being two weeks ahead of the crowd.

Please move to the front of the class now.

If your post received more attention at the time, perhaps ATS may be getting the worldwide Kudos and interviews instead of the other sites.

Reuters admits photo manipulated

Published News Photo of Beirut Admitted Fakes

Hezbollywood. Was the Qana collapse staged?

I'll try to watch your posts a little closer to see if you are psychic or something.

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 08:30 PM
link   
But for all the pictures I'm getting the same Yahoo slideshow.

new topics

top topics

join