It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"F-16 down" in Beirut

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Hezbollah are probably better equipped than we think. Just look at the missile that hit the ship, or the rockets hitting Haifa or the threats against Tel Aviv!

And also, from what the BBc said, the wreckage of the "mystery object" landed in hills north of Beirut.

If there is a plane there, bet your bottom dollar we'll find out soon enough.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 11:19 AM
link   

No way, the US has lost several F-16's to enemy action, over both Serbia and Iraq.
All to SAM's IIRC.

True.. my bad..
Five losses so far: 3 in the Gulf War and 2 over Yugoslavia

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daedalus3
Then the claim about the canister with leaflets is misinformation..(if its a UAV that is)
Why would you say 'at worst an Israeli UAV?'
If Hezbollah is capable of getting a AShCM to tatget a ship then a SAM doesn't look impossible to me...
Let's wait and watch..
Hope its not a F-16..

Here's the actual story. You linked the homepage..
[edit on 17-7-2006 by Daedalus3]

[edit on 17-7-2006 by Daedalus3]

An F-16 it is not otherwise we would have already seen Hizbullah dancing in the streets with the body of a pilot in a blood lust ritual.

What it is I cannot tell you.

Regarding the targetting of the ship let me tell you what I think. It was Iran who targetted the ship. The type of missile they used needs programming and is not a shoulder launched missile. I do not believe Iran would supply heavy artillery to Hezbullah out of fear that its use would not be to serve the Iranian interest. Therefore the revolutionary gaurds are there to assist under strict command of Ahmedinajad. It we see missiles hitting anything hitting Tel-Aviv that would be an Iranian operated missile on Lebanese turf.
I'll tell you what else I believe. If Syria jumps in Israel would rip them to shreds. If Iran jumps in the US wil assist Israel.
Not that Israel needs assistance with Iran but that would be the exuse the US has been waiting for to turn the Iranian weapons program into a mass revolutionary guard grave.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by JudahMaccabbi
I'll tell you what else I believe. If Syria jumps in Israel would rip them to shreds. If Iran jumps in the US wil assist Israel.
Not that Israel needs assistance with Iran but that would be the exuse the US has been waiting for to turn the Iranian weapons program into a mass revolutionary guard grave.

As an American, I really don't want our troops get pulled into this -- we already have our hands full in Iraq and Afghanistan. If that happens and war breaks out between Israel, Iran, Syria and the U.S./U.K. based in Iraq, it really will be WWIII.

I pray to God something will happen to end this before we get to that point.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 11:51 AM
link   
If you think the average American is going to support US intervention to defend Israel, you're kidding yourself. This war has been the topic of conversation everywhere this week, and I have yet to speak to a single person, including Americans who are Jewish, that thinks we ought to intercede on the behalf of Israel.

If Israel wants to get in a war with Iran and Syria, they can do it on their own.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Israel does not want this war and does not want to escalate anything. We have no choice.
As an american I do not want the US to engage in another front as well. As an Israeli I hope that this war stays between Israel and Hezbullah.

Ehud Olmert (Israel's PM) and Benyamin Netanyauh just spoke in the Knesset.
Their message was clear:
Israel wants the kidnapped soldiers back, the illegal militia of Hezbullah disarmed and no Syrian or Iranian involvement in Lebanon. For that matter Lebanon wants the same with the exception of the Shiites who are most are Hizbullah adherants and some Sunnis. I thikn that Hezbulah is breathing its last breath as a militia. It is totally unacceptable that Lebanon is highjacked by the manical likes of Hizbullah.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 12:04 PM
link   
man,you americans truly belive that Israel wants to get into a war? in THAT scale?
think reasonably for a second,we didn't want this conflict,we even GOT OUT OF LEVANON! you HEAR THAT? IN 2000 WE GOT OUT OF levanon,and thos radical islamic #ers still want MORE MORE MORE.......
I wonder what your nations would had done in this situation

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 12:08 PM
link   
This JUST IN on Israeli News.

The purported F-16 was actually an attempted launch of a long range Zalzil missile (that can hit tel aviv). It failed miserabley.

What is Al Manar (Hezbuallah TV) to say?
So, they fabricated something to cover-up their attempt and failure.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 12:35 PM
link   
metumtamim,tov she ze lo hezliah lahem

ata aushe avoda tova can,magen al a cavod mepnay cal h eropeim a metomtamim v col ashar

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 12:40 PM
link   
BombLord can you please add an english translation.

Thanks

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Bomblord was just commending me on my posts here.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 01:16 PM
link   
It is funny how propaganda gets spun.

I was watching the Video Clip this Morning, and it is something coming down, but Not an Aircraft, such as a F16.

Whether it's a misfired Iranian Supplied Rocket, or a Leaflet Canister, is not clear, but it does infact look as if something "Hit" it, or it Failed, since you could see a change in course, just prior to the Crash. (at least it looked that way)

It's much like the Gulf War 1, while Bush Senior, was raining Bombs on Sadman's Capitol, and Peter "I'm a liar" Arnett and his commrade Bernie "Under the Bed" Shaw, cowered in their Hotel, awaiting daylight to show the devastation caused by Bush's Bombs, in Schools and Hospitals and such.

Did anyone ever consider shooting and hitting incoming missles can cause them to malfunction and land wherever they may?

But no, Bush Bombs Hospital, is the headlines.

That's how missinformation gets going.

Nice to see those who would like to see the Dancing in the streets are kept in check with the truth, as several memebrs have noted here.

F16 That's funny

Ciao

Shane

[edit on 17-7-2006 by Shane]

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Daedalus3:

No way, the US has lost several F-16's to enemy action, over both Serbia and Iraq.
All to SAM's IIRC.

True.. my bad..
Five losses so far: 3 in the Gulf War and 2 over Yugoslavia

Just to add - a F-117 stealth fighter was also shot down over Yugoslavia. Here is a link:

F-117 shot down

Btw, Sanctum, thanks for the link to this interview - Robert Fisk interview . Very revealing...

[edit on 17-7-2006 by Jgruh4e]

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 09:20 PM
link   
LOL i havent seen anything tonight anywhere on the news, online or anywhere about an F16 going down today?

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 09:23 PM
link   
What I heard on the news is Hezbollah is claiming they shot down a drone that was dropping flyers.

Isreal is claiming they shot down a missile that was heading their way.

NO one is claiming it was an F-16.

Still, the propaganda wars are raging, just as the real one

wupy

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I thought this thread said: "F-16 down in Beirut"? I know there is propaganda and spin is in full effect, but its 12 hours after this claim and no one is saying anything about a downed F-16.

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daedalus3
Just saw that video on the ynet link...
Looks like the same missile that was launched was coming down in flames..
hard to say..

That's the analysis that's come out on this situation. It was nothing more than a missile going down in flames. It was a rather large missile, and understandably mistaken for something else.

An Israeli F15 fighter bomber intercepted a Hizballah Zelzal ground-ground missile of 160km range east of Beirut Monday

The descent of the Zelzal shown on Lebanese TV gave rise to the false report that an Israeli warplane had been shot down

an Israeli F15 fighter bomber aimed at and hit the missile. It hit the vehicle, but then the unexpected occurred: the truck exploded but the missile detonated partially and flew up to the sky. It then dropped to the ground like a stone bursting into flames but landing practically intact.
source

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by BombLord
I wonder what your nations would had done in this situation

Not the same your country has.. At least my country won't..

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 04:24 AM
link   
I really don't want anymore troops involved in that sand raccoon infested region. I wish we could get OTHER FUEL SOURCES, bring every soldier back to America out of every country, build a huge wall around North America (leaving Mexico out
), and that is IT!

The American people will NOT support a war with Iran, especially not on Israel's behalf, neither will Congress. As much as I would like that nasty president never to be on my TV again, I don't want any Americans dead over it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join