It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Tech / Police State

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 06:03 AM
link   
I would like to discuss Police technologies and what is out there and if these technologies are good or bad or simply a doubled edged sword.

My family has always had a Police Scanner since I remember. I have always had a good idea of how they operated and the different systems they used. Also you kind of get a feel for the majority attititude of a police officer. I also had some rleatives in the field.

Back in te day when someone was pulled over or a cop came across anyone walking or complaint they always run your name for warrants etc. The system used was NCIC or National Crime Information Center.

More on NCIC here:
en.wikipedia.org...

Back than it was simple it would check your name for warrants and that was it. It could also pull up record history of charges that were found guilty in the court of law as well as moving violations.

Now speed forward to the year 2006 and we have a much more evolved system. Just say you live at 123 Main Street and the neighbor calls the police for a noise complaint. When the dispatcher sends the call to a givin officer to respond there is a wealth of information currently available. Persons living in the house,Persons that lived in the house,phone history,every call that has ever been made to that address and a full spec on the cause etc.

We talk about this far out systems where we have a national ID etc and well it seems at one point we will become slaves to our own technology.

I have met a hand full of cops in my day and all couldn't agree with me more on the fact is they hear so much lies and deal with so many low lifes that they have an unusually high defense system. Meaning if your an honest person you are already being looked at with doubt.

So look at the above system and apply it to a situation. Now we are seeing a problem. You could be found guilty or treated differntly before the responding officer even reaches your front door.

Now please post your thoughts on this subject and also if your aware of other technologies that pose a threat now or in the future.

All these new systems are by our laws and fully legal. This is the problem will a LAw that is not a moral law as well. If you question an officer or other they probally wouldn't see a threat but than again a slow evolving threat can only be seen by people that take the time and look at final product.

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Good point. Most people will say, well, its worth it if we lose a little privacy to keep us safe, blah blah blah.

Just how much privacy and how many rights these people will sacrifice bit by bit in the name of safety is more disturbing than the technology they come up with. It all comes down to what people will put up with, and frankly, they will accept a frightening amount of surveilance and privacy violation.

Welcome to the New World Order. Please step in front of the scanner so we can gather your personal data, life history, and favorite color. Have a nice day.

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by masonite
All these new systems are by our laws and fully legal. This is the problem will a LAw that is not a moral law as well. If you question an officer or other they probally wouldn't see a threat but than again a slow evolving threat can only be seen by people that take the time and look at final product.

yes this is true. much the same thing happened in europe in the 1930's (though it was done faster then). laws were brought in gradualy a bit at a time. next thing you know we had a world war on our hands. one exaple was the euthinasia of the mentaly ill "for their own good" of course. first lock them up. next slowly take away their rights a piece at a time always "for their own good and wellbeing". then help out by offering an easy realitively painless death. next start to "euthinize" those who are likely to be terminal, yet again "in the patiants best intrest". now move on to mentaly ill that "realy don't have anything to live for anyways". now how about getting rid of prisoners especialy for "crimes against the state, or state security. after all they are too dagerous to the "public good".

garduly by steps it creeps up on you. most don't realize it's even happening, those who do are at first quietly arrested, "commiting suicide", "shot evadeing the police who are only protecting every one", ect. after awhile they are openly abducted in broad daylight and even tortured. thus many don't realize what is happening untill it is too late.

personaly i would like to talk to a few germans who were arround at that time and ask their opinion of what is going on today.

new topics

join