It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Centuries of Wars on Terror

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 01:55 AM
link   
The war on terror is nothing new if you really think about history...it's just that it's been given this title and brought into focus so much through the media. With every conflict throughout history there has been terror between groups, organizations, countries, etc. and with each retaliation in defense it IS a war on terror.

As long as there is greed in our worlds society...wars will continue. There will be no REAL peace as long as the 'I want' factor is seared into hearts of humans. In other words... to gain something through selfish and hateful means without having any conscience or remorse in the evil methods to obtain their desires.

It will take a global disaster to wake up humans that we are here only a very short time on earth and if we are to survive on this planet we must be willing to work together on ALL issues because there is no guarentee we will be here tomorrow.

[edit on 17-7-2006 by Southern Belle]

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 07:56 AM
link   
I think religion is a global disaster, so that is a great starting point if you want to get rid of things that aren't helping in the long run.

Greed, well that is another problem, it's along side stupidity.

Working together, I am trying to do this with everyone I know, but stupidity and greed cause problems, but nothing that can't be solved.

Luckily my job is to support everyone I work with, and they support alot of other people. So i'm on the assembly line of support for the world. My contribution helps people out that I won't ever see or meet. That is ok since they have a chance to help me out and i'll never know who they are but I thank them in advance.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by NJ Mooch
I think religion is a global disaster, so that is a great starting point if you want to get rid of things that aren't helping in the long run.

I agree and it will continue to be like this until the answers of our existance is finally revealed.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Something that is more of a global disaster, it's economics. It's the way we produce food and ressources, and the way major compagnies lead the world to his death in the pursuit of profits. This affects, kill and will kill more people than religion ever killed.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I believe one day that the human race will wake up the idea that we nolonger need to feed the greed of corupt governments and power hungry individuals who wish to play games with free thinking people's lives, but instead open their eyes and really see their own potential. . . "the possibilities really are endless".

Even if the 'worst' happened, which has been predicted on this site many times before! I truely believe this will be the opportunity for people like ourselves writing here today, to take back control of our own destiny, to rid this world of coruption and greed and finally take the next step in the evolutionary process destined for the human race.

I ask all who read this to not be model citizens to the government system currently in control, to not follow the rules and regulations which they themselves put in place to keep you "below them" and which gives them control over you. . . but I do ask to be model citizens to the human race live your life as I try to, by following one law and one only...

"Do what you wish, so long as it harms none"

"People should not be afraid of their governments, governments should be afraid of the people" Ref: V for Vendetta, 2006.

Take the power back!

top topics

join