It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spiritual Responsibility

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I just saw these few commercials that feature Israel in a different light, more hip, young, edgy, and fun. What I think begs the question, conversation, and thought is the obvious impact these commercials have in a world that is totally different than the United States. Infact, these commercials are nearly so risky that I don't even think they would ever air on the television here in the US.

What do you think the impacts of these
risky commercials have in a highly focussed holy / religious region of the world are?

Here are the commercials:

video.google.com... (Warning: Adult language)
www.youtube.com... ('Gay' Friendly advertisement)
www.youtube.com... (Honda / Family and what else? Hookers of course!)
www.youtube.com... (mcdonalds commercial mocking a famous violent movie)
www.youtube.com... (Israeli Gay Youth)
www.youtube.com... (Pro Marijuana?)

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 10:03 PM
link   

No need for cricket noises folks, does the silence say that this is ok? You support?

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I agree that these commercial would not air in the US. The US was founded upon somewhat Puritan ideology and I think that no matter how free we think we are here, there are still many things that are taboo. We, as a culture, can be uptight about subjects like drugs or the gay and lesbian community.

Israel has its taboos as well, but they are somewhat different than ours.

As for the impact of these commercials, they probably do much to increase tourism. Israel is close to some countries that still stone people for being gay. As a lesbian, I can tell you that if I lived in one of those neighboring countries I would certainly want to get myself to Israel after seeing some of those commercials.

While I do support gay rights and the legalization of marijuana use, I wouldn't want to have commercials involving foul language. The Honda commercial was just amusing. Nothing wrong with a little humor.

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 05:10 PM
link   
If these are actual commercials from Israel that appear on TV there, that is bad. There are still perilous days ahead for Israel(and the rest of the world). It will take some awful things before their attention will be turned toward Christ and the acknowledgement of Him as Savior.

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I think it might be a little unreasonable to expect that an entire country will turn to Christianity, no matter what they may face. This would especially be true for the Jewish population.

What I really have to wonder is why these commercials are thought of as so bad. The commercial that mocked Pulp Fiction - well that movie was made here in the US and was a huge success. There were commercials for it here.

The gay positive commercials, well not everyone is straight. There is a huge GLBTQ population in the US.

The commercial involving a prostitute was humourous. We have all sorts of half naked women selling everything from cars to toothpaste here in the US. I don't see much of a difference. The US is home to Playboy and Girls Gone Wild.

The commercial that appears to be pro-marijuana, well many cities and states in the US are beginning to decriminalize marijuana right here in the US.

As for the language, what action movie in the US doesn't have any adult language?

I guess what I am saying is I don't understand why these things would seem shocking just because they are in Israel. We have the same things here.

I have said it many times, but it is worth repeating:
I dislike taking my 10 year old son to the grocery store because Cosmo (and others like it) are displayed right at his eye level. They feature headlines on the cover like, "How to drive your man wild in bed!" or "What every girl should know about oral sex."

I think when we start trying to clean up the media, we should start right here at home.

edit for clarity

[edit on 7/20/06 by wellwhatnow]

top topics

join