It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California wildfires, thunderstorm, and Terrorism

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Southern California wildfires at a glance
www.mercurynews.com...

Sawtooth fire: 60,000 acres north of Highway 62 in San Bernardino County; 50 percent contained; mandatory evacuation in effect for one canyon area; one death may be fire-related; 10 people injured; 58 houses and mobile homes, 184 garages and outbuildings, 194 vehicles burned; damage put at $8.4 million; firefighting costs top $10 million; caused by lightning.

Millard fire: 15,572 acres in San Gorgonio Wilderness of the San Bernardino National Forest; 10 percent contained; caused by lightning. The fire merged with the Sawtooth fire Friday. And More.....

Calif. Wildfire Area Faces Thunderstorm Threat
cbs2chicago.com...

(AP) YUCCA VALLEY, Calif. Crews battling wildfires that had destroyed 58 homes and blackened more than 110 square miles faced a threat of thunderstorms Sunday that could produce lightning capable of starting new blazes -- or heavy rain that would flood the newly denuded land.

"Official: Man in tunnel plot talked about California fires"
sfgate.com.../n/a/2006/07/10/state/n105256D29.DTL

The Lebanese man accused of plotting to destroy and flood Hudson River train tunnels also discussed the possibility of setting wildfires in California to inflict harm on the U.S., a federal official said Monday.
The official, speaking on condition of anonymity because the investigation is ongoing, said wildfires were "only part of their planning discussions. No steps were taken to carry it out."

Living in San Diego, I still remember the "California Firestorm 2003". I knew alot of people who lost their home and I hate to see this. With the threat of terrorism this time, it just seems like its gonna get worse. I just hope we can get this all under control before it turns into "California Firestorm 2006."

join