It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are they here? Really, WHY?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I believe there are two ET sides at war.
Both sides create life on planets to join their Empire.
We were planted here by an ET federation.
We are being watched and guarded from enemy ET.
When we are ready we will join our galactic federation.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by MCory1
The main reason I question your original ideas is that--with all due respect--they were quite unoriginal.

Yet no one has either answered the question or provided any decent alternative.

Again, hoping this doesn't sound too cynical, but what purpose would understanding an ET's motives matter?

Then what does any of this matter? What purpose is there of looking or proving their existence. If the motives don't matter, none of it matters.

We have no idea of what their capabilities are, no way of determining appropriate defenses, no way of knowing what methods of offense would be appropriate against them.

And we never will if we don't know why they are here. You mention capabilities, defense and methods of offense. To ascertain any of that, we would need to ascertain that those things would be required. To ascertain if they are required, we would need to evaluate their motive.

The reasons behind an attack would be irrelevant--I certainly would rest in any greater peace knowing they invaded because they were hungry as opposed to boredom.

I'm not asking why they would attack us, I'm asking why they are here. I already stated that I don't think they are here for that.

This is the deal - Many thousands of people are searching and hunting to prove or disprove that aliens are here. We are led to believe that in the not so distant future, we will find out.

When, what we all suspect to be true, is confirmed...then what?

I disagree that we have no basis to draw a conclusion, we have plenty of evidence, encounters, abductions, contactees and government information/disinformation.

People out there know whats going on and they aren't telling us because, I assume, it ain't good. So yeah, I wanna know why they're here.

[edit on 17/7/06 by Prote]

[edit on 17/7/06 by Prote]

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by MCory1
Again, hoping this doesn't sound too cynical, but what purpose would understanding an ET's motives matter? If they're going to attack, they'll attack, and there isn't much we can do about it. We have no idea of what their capabilities are, no way of determining appropriate defenses, no way of knowing what methods of offense would be appropriate against them. The reasons behind an attack would be irrelevant--I certainly would rest in any greater peace knowing they invaded because they were hungry as opposed to boredom. If they're going to join us in some type of galactic peace festival, then great, but there's no way of determining that by any actions that we've seen to this point--maybe an anal probe and a cattle mutilation is their way of introducing each other; who are we to say differently?

Yup, these advanced beings can pretty much do anything they want to us humans, but some of us humans still want to know why, even should we die shortly after knowing the reason. So the "I can tell you, but I will have to kill you" line doesn't work on everybody.

Like in the movie the "The Matrix", when offered the red or blue pill, some of us will always pick the red pill simply because we would rather know the truth than to live in ignorance.

While it maybe possible that we may never know the truth no matter what we do, that still will not stop some of us from trying, maybe the curiousity gene or rebel gene is too strong in some of us.......

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Why the need to attack us?

Monitor from a distance
Feed a little technology in
Allow them to get powerful and power hungry enough to kill each other off
Watch the WW that makes them extinct
Come in and take planet
Strip it of what you need and move on or colonize it.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 05:08 PM
link   
pages.sbcglobal.net...

There are tons of questions/answers about aliens here. Some of us will agree and others won't, however all information on this subject is for the purpose of education and debate...whether it's true or not.

When this person answering questions speaks of the MORNING STAR , perhaps the following link needs to be studied.

Who is the Morning Star, Jesus or Lucifer? Will Kinney
... The problem with the MORNING STAR of the niv, nasb and nkjv footnote is that the words morning and star are not found ...www.blessedquietness.com/journal/resource/mornstar.htm - 14k - Cached - More from this site -

[edit on 17-7-2006 by Southern Belle]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join