It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The legacy of woman’s rights to our society

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
Do you think NOW might have an agenda? While I certainly respect the political persuasions of all, relying on ideology-based sources for data is not exactly, well, fair.

Although I can't find fault with their agenda, I see what you mean. I was just giddy with ideology, having recently discovered PTS!

Over all, I would have to say that the impact of the women's movement has benefitted society, just not enough yet. In my opinion, we should keep working on it until both men and women escape the negative effects of inequality.

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 02:57 PM
link   
This is PTS and ideology does have a place, but unfortunately, ideology tends to blind and inflame, while the facts tend to enlighten and assuage, so I like to reign in the ideology a little.

Also, many of us here are leery of certain sources, even when those sources report factual material, so it is better to use other sources, just to keep the credibility up.

The NRA publishes a lot of good data regarding crime statistics and Second Amendment issues, but I find it is better to seek out the original sources than to cite the NRA, who is credible by my observation, but has a very different perception among some.

Objectivity should be our goal in all matters.

[edit on 2006/7/18 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
mrsdudara

Very truth mrsdudara but thinks like this make me wonder if we truly have gotten the equality and freedoms that we now seem to cherish so much.

At the end of a very long and tiring day when we need to go and take care of our home, children and if you have it a husband it makes some of us wonder.

maybe part of the road to freedom is the realization that it all isn't your responsibility to take care of. like I keep saying, if you are taking on part of the responsibility of the financial needs, devouting just as much time to it as he, then well, half of the the household responsibility are his, fair is fair. of course, he isn't fullfilling them and they then fall back on your lap, but they are still his....not yours, so, you have a choice as to how much, and what you chose to take on, or leave to wait forever for him to take on....whatever.....but, his refusal to even acknowledge that he has the responsibility and try to handle some of it kind of leaves his opinion as to what should and shouldn't get done out in the cold, doesn't it?

<< 1  2   >>

join