It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

phallus what?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Can someone explain to me why people claim Masons worship the phallus?
From my study if you look at a phallus and a sphere/embryo. The piercing of the sphere symbolically means the gnosis or gaining the gnosis? The ultimate in gnosis? Can anyone tell me the true history (non-theory) definition?

Just did a quick search for more info and see stated that the point within the circle is of phallic orgin. Saw same reference in the Masonic Dictionary.

The analysis of King's Chamber revealed that it represents symbolically the Phallus of Osiris, suggesting that the other part of the word pyr - mid is met, which according to the dictionary, signifies phallus. This hieroglyph also signifies the number ten, and this correspondence has been preserved in Hebrew kabbalah, since the letter Yod has the gematric value 10, and esoterically it represents the phallus. Perhaps, even the Pythagorean Tetractys echoes this dogma, since it consists of ten dots arranged in the form of a triangle (pyramid). The upward triangle or a pyramid is a symbol of elemental fire (the downward is water), and Yod, in the context of the four classical elements, also represents fire.

Source:
www.aiwaz.net...

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 05:20 PM
link   
The works of Samael Aun Weor explain Phallicism in relation to Gnosis perfectly(The Perfect Matrimony is a good one).

You may also want to try Muata Ashby's works regarding Kemetian Phallicism.

And Hargrave Jennings also wrote a book on the subject, in relation to Rosicrucianism and FreeMasonry.

The Point within the Circle is the Solar Absolute(RA, Christus-Lucifer) or Ain Soph Aur from which the Yod(Male Generative principle) of YHVH emanates from on the Tree of Life.

Basically, without Mastering Lucifer, the Sexual Force(desire), we won't be able to fully Reunite(Yoga) with our Inner God, or Yod-He-Vau-He.

Because the same energy that creates Man, Suns, Moons and Stars; also has to create the Inner Man or Inner God.

The Divine Wisdom of Tantric Buddhism certainly teaches this as well.

Hope this helps.

[edit on 16-7-2006 by Tamahu]

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Remember though, that H.P. Blavatsky's and Hargrave Jennings writings(during Pisces) on the subject, are going to contain many veils compared to writings of the Aquarian Age.

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Thanks for the info and links.

On mastering lucifer...To get to the gnosis of having no sexual desire at all I imagine would eliminate many negative things in life. As the duality all lies in procreation. However when you do this it eliminates creation. Now my question is going this route would end in nothingness or a divine realm beyond words?

Originally posted by Tamahu

Basically, without Mastering Lucifer, the Sexual Force(desire), we won't be able to fully Reunite(Yoga) with our Inner God, or Yod-He-Vau-He.

Because the same energy that creates Man, Suns, Moons and Stars; also has to create the Inner Man or Inner God.

The Divine Wisdom of Tantric Buddhism certainly teaches this as well.

Hope this helps.

[edit on 16-7-2006 by Tamahu]

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 07:23 PM
link   
The way I understand it, is that we don't actually eliminate the sexual impulse(for this would be impossible).

What we want is the transmutation of the Sexual Fire, and to send it up the Spinal Column as to awaken the Seven Chakras, known as the "Seven Churches" in the Christian Gospels.

To transmute the Water(Semen) into Wine(Light and Spiritual Fire).

According to Gnosis and Tantra; sexual desire can be used in service of the Being, or in service of the ego.

This is Daath: The Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil.

With said Fire we can eliminate the egos which are the psychological aggregates.

If we fornicate(orgasm, or spill the Cup of Hermes) then we strengthen the egos and end up doing the will of the egos, because that Conscious Fire gets trapped within the shells or egos, Klipoth, etc. and our Internal Lucifer is converted into Satan; the result being the creation of a whole lot of karma and suffering.

If we transmute, then we tap into the Thelema of our True 'Self', our Monad, our Being, and we perform the Will of Christus-Lucifer; thus creating Dharma as to balance out all the negative karmic acts we've committed against "others"(who are in reality, us).

Christus-Lucifer remains perfect at 'His' own level in the Solar Absolute; however, the Ray that He emanates which is our Monad, became identified with matter(whether subtle or gross) and we ended up falling, thus creating "Satan".

The Pratyeka Buddhas and Shravaka Buddhas who Build the Solar Bodies and take the Spiral Path can enter the Halls of Nirvana, but cannot attain the highest Nirvana.

Those Buddhas who renounce the lower levels of Nirvana and return to Samsara as to walk the path of the Bodhisattva and continue to help to liberate Sentient Beings from suffering, can incarnate the Christ or Dharmakaya and then enter the Absolute or AIN SOPH.

These are the ones who Reunite with Adi-Buddha or the Amen and attain full Buddhahood.

Also, a bachelor can transmute through Pranayama, good deeds, physical exercise, Yoga asanas, etc; but a man and woman can do it with much more potency in the Sexual act.

[edit on 20-7-2006 by Tamahu]

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 08:00 PM
link   
According to that page, this is the egyptian for 'met', 10, which also means "phallus".
www.aiwaz.net...

It, of course, looks like a phallus, an 'active' one at that.

Is that correct? Other pages I have looked at have '10' as an upside down U .

The idea of the pyramid as being the 'house of the phallus' does seem to make some sense, given that the pharaoh is osiris, and osiris had to have a fake phallus attached when his wife rebuilt him, and of course the pyramid is associated with the underworld and osiris rules the underworld.

But still, thats the egyptian symbol for phallus and the number 10?

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Manly P. Hall:

"The day has come when Fellow Craftsmen must know and apply their knowledge. The lost key to their grade is the mastery of emotion, which places the energy of the universe at their disposal. Man can only expect to be entrusted with great power by proving his ability to use it constructively and selflessly. When the Mason learns that the key to the warrior on the block is the proper application of the dynamo of living power, he has learned the mystery of his Craft. The seething energies of Lucifer are in his hands and before he may step onward and upward, he must prove his ability to properly apply energy."

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I really doubt that that is correct Nygdan.

I've never seen such a Heiroglyph.

Ausar(Osiris) is often associated with the YOD(of YHVH), or the Kabbalistic Kether of the Tree of Life.

So the study of the First Arcanum and Tenth Arcanum of the Tarot should shed light on this subject:

Course: Twenty-two Arcana

This is how the Angels are made; only like this can we interact with the Elohim of Yetzirah, Briah and Atziluth, meaning, only like this can we enter into the Kingdom of Heaven. The Second Birth explained by Jesus to Nicodemus cannot occur without the permutation of the ‘Ens Seminis,’ within which the primordial substance ‘Adamah’ awaits for its rectification in order to create the man into the image of the Elohim.

Therefore, the essential power of the letter Iod is found in Yesod, the Ninth Sphere, the center of Malkuth, the Earth.

The Ain Soph Aur, the Solar Absolute, is hidden within “Iod,” which reflects its infinite potential through Yesod in order to develop and express itself in time and space as multiple phenomena in the seven cosmoses, meaning, in all the Sephiroth of all of the worlds of the Tree of Life.

The infinite power of the Solar Absolute (Ain Soph Aur) is hidden, latent within the Ruach or life-essence of the Elohim. This infinite, latent power becomes active through its development from Yesod throughout the Sephiroth.

Thus, the power of the infinite essence of Aelohim is hidden within Elohim in the beginning. Its unlimited power (by its own will) becomes limited and hidden in Yesod (sex), a power that becomes untouchable for the fornicators who reject its uncreated light.

Thus, from the effulgence of the Ain Soph Aur (the Ray of Okidanokh) sprang forth (in space) the Pleromatic energies of Kether (as a single spot of light, the Iod) at the Dawn of Creation. Kether, the number One, emerges as a spark from within the Darkness, and subsequently, (as an enfoldment of his light) his body is formed with the 10 Sephiroth.

This is how the letter Iod, as a small, suspended dot hidden within the middle of a serpentine circle (the ‘letter Teth in movement, symbol of Samech, the infinite), becomes the middle point between the unknowable and the knowable, between the infinite and the finite.

Iod is the contraction of the Ain Soph Aur, the subsequent light from the initial Tzimtzum of The Absolute that is revealed as the light of Pleroma or superior-life-essence. Therefore, from the Absolute Abstract Space this Pleromatic light emerges mysteriously in successive and ordered emanations -“Sephiroth” - in each kabbalistic world and in perfect pairs.

This is the contraction of the abstract light from the Ain Soph, in order to create within any given spot in space. Iod is a single potential point or impression of the eternal breath, profoundly unknowable to itself; it is an eternal becoming from within the illuminated void.

Iod manifests the hidden, infinite light power of the Ain Soph, the Absolute. Any finite phenomenon contains within itself the will of Iod, Kether, expressed through them a Mayavic or external reality.

The Manifested Universe - “Maya” - sprouts from the Ain Soph, the Infinite Zero dimension (the Serpent biting its own tail). Thereafter, Iod appears as a simple dot that develops into the Hebrew letter Vav, or a horizontal, one-dimensional line, and by descending vertically from above, it forms the letter Daleth, a two-dimensional surface. This is how from within the middle of the circle, the infinite (Samech), the dot or Iod (yud-vav-dalet) develops the will of Kether in Yesod, the center of the Universe.

The Hebrew word “Yesod” has Daleth - the door through which “Iod” or Arik Anpin (who by means of El-Shaddai hides his image in ‘Samech’ that has the same shape of ‘Mem’ the Waters) shapes, transforms its essence “Adamah”, its own image, through “Vav” in order to create Zauir Anpin, the human being, the true man, the solar man, the Soli-Man or Solomon. Therefore, in all Solar Men, Iod (Kether) is the crown that inspires and directs in them their Wisdom or Objective Reasoning.

Any tridimensional body-shape of Malkuth contains in potentiality the final stage of this descending development of Iod through all of the Ten Sephiroth. Through Evolution these tenfold, potential Sephiroth, or igneous particles (“Hashim”), when reaching the human kingdom, can through Iod in Yesod (sex) permute its essence ‘Ruach’ into a Human Being or Zauir Anpin, who is made based on the image of Arik Anpin.

The power of the Ain Soph is revealed in Daath, the Sephirah of Mystery, whose emanations manifest in Yesod, the ninth sphere, the center of Malkuth.

Thus, Iod is hidden within the limitation of Yesod, Sex, in Malkuth, the physical body. Through sexual transmutation Iod reveals the secret of the ten Sephiroth, which are the Divine channels of light through which the Ain Soph Aur continually brings the word of Aelohim into being.

As for "Met"(probably forms part of "Metu Neter" or "Divine Writings") in relation to the phallus... I'll try to look that up at home some time.

[edit on 20-7-2006 by Tamahu]

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 12:47 PM
link   
The definition of MET as phallus, and its representation as a phallus on that page, are what the page bases the idea of hte pyramid as being the 'house of the phallus', as pyra-met.

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 05:50 PM
link   

I really doubt that that is correct Nygdan.

I've never seen such a Heiroglyph.

Okay I was mistaken, it is an actual Heiroglyph.

I'll have to add-on more later, as my computer time is running out.

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I look forward to the response, I am not familiar enough with these things to really even know where to look.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I saw it on the back of this book.

Though I thumbed through that one and a few others and couldn't find if it was "Met" or not.

Which reminds me that I ought to get a dictionary of Khemetian Heiroglyphs(the Budge one is good, even though his interpretations of the Khemetian Culture and Religion are vulgar).

Anyway, in said book; I found something very interesting.

Muata Ashby wrote that the Obelisk also represents the phallus of Geb and that the space around it is the Goddess Nut(Wisdom/Emptiness).

This is what in Tantric Buddhism is called the union of Bliss and Emptiness.

Samael Aun Weor wrote that the Hexagram's six-points are masculine and that the indentations or space between them is feminine(remember that the Hexagram has many valid interpretations).

And what is also very interesting, is that Ra Un Nefer Amen teaches that Ausar(Osiris) is Kether, the First Sphere, and Geb is Malkuth, the Tenth Sphere.

This brings us back to looking for the mysteries of IOD within the First and Tenth Arcanum of the Tarot.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 09:04 PM
link   
If you're interested in the best sources on the Ancient Khemetians, I would suggest the same authors that I did in another thread:

Ra Un Nefer Amen

Muata Ashby

Cheikh Anta Diop

Amir Fatir

Herodotus

Godfrey Higgins

Schwaller de Lubicz

Gerald Massey

Plutarch

Diodorus Siculus

And perhaps some other occultists such as:

Manly P. Hall

Rudolf Steiner

Samael An Weor

H.P. Blavatsky

and some others...

There are a couple more that I can't think of right now, and I'll post them if if I remember.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 09:06 PM
link   

and that the space around it is the Goddess Nut(Wisdom/Emptiness).

Nut is the Heavens, no?

Also, if I recall correctly, one of the ideas for how obelisks are raised is that they are pulled along to a pit, and then the base falls into the pit and the whole thing stands, then the pit is filled in. So perhaps its not just the space, but the open pit that is Nut

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 09:32 PM
link   
masonite you might also want to have a look at this threadwhich is IMO a good guess if not an explination of the phallic references and symbolism in various theologies.

[edit on 25-7-2006 by twitchy]

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Nygdan

You mean something like this?

I'm not sure how the Obelisks were erected.

Nut is the "Sky Goddess".

Space, the Sky, the Heavens, etc. are all symbolic of Emptiness in both Shetaut Neter and Buddhism.

The Yab-Yum is the Union of Bliss and Emptiness:

[edit on 25-7-2006 by Tamahu]

new topics

top topics

join