It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO report makes front page headlines on New Zealand's popular Sunday News newspaper!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 09:36 AM
link   
We are all aware of the control of the media to keep disclosure-related leaks to a minimum. However, over here in little ole New Zealand, one of our leading Sunday newspapers today splashed a huge cover story spanning the first three pages. It focuses on a particular sighting caught on camera by a professional photographer who happened to be on an assignment, capturing a 'lucky grab' of a disc-shaped object travelling faster than a bird.

The sighting dates from October last year. Close-up, it reminds me of some of those 'bird-like' photographs we have been discussing on ATS, but the witness insists the object was travelling far too fast to be a bird.

It's interesting that the article also mentions reported sightings in Oamaru, for this is close to home for me.. the pic in my avatar was snapped a couple of years ago.

I have scanned the article for you; it is in 3 parts and includes photos (a close up and the full-view).

Image one
Image Two
Image three

[Image hosting courtesy of ImageShack]

Of course, it's fair to address the issues of why someone would submit a story like this, and why Sunday News went ahead to publish it. It's plausible that the men involved were lured by the almighty dollar to spill the beans.. the prospect cannot be denied. One should also bear in mind, the Sunday News occupies the 'tabloid' segment of the market; whereas their rival, the Sunday Star-Times, is regarded as more 'serious' journalism. The danger in that mindset however, is that the Sunday News has never lied or come out with knowingly false information. In the Sunday News you'll see stories on celebrity boob jobs, and sport stars' nights of shame.. but they mix the lightheartedness and down-to-earth style with their own flavour of seriousness too as they see fit. So it blows me away that they came out with this blazing front page story and actually wrote a balanced article on it without undermining it with snide ridicule.

Is this a sign of a change? Your impressions are invited..

[edit on 16-7-2006 by RiotComing]

[Mod Edit: Links fixed - Jak]

[edit on 16/7/06 by JAK]

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Oh wait nevermind. I was confused with another bird.

I doubt it's change though. The media always publishes some sort of UFO/ET related article every so often. Don't know why though. I guess it's better than regular news.

CNN had a special on early in the morning about UFOs not too long ago. Maybe a few months even. I really think they are just publishing an article because it sounds good and nothing more.

[edit on 16-7-2006 by CidCaldensfey]

GSA

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Looks like a slighlty portly side shot of a B-2 bomber from a distance - But over NZ?

Or maybe it will always remain unknown until the pilot puts his hand up and spills the beans so to speak.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Honestly, it looks like a bird to me. From the blown up region of the picture, I can make out what looks to be a beak and slightly elevated white wings. It says in the article that the guy thought it was too fast to be a bird, but he's probably thinking of seagulls or something. The Peregrine Falcon is the fastest animal on Earth, able to achieve flying speeds of 80m/sec and up to 117m/sec in a dive. Maybe it was just one of those.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I also vote bird. Unfortunately most of these stories are covered as fillers on slow news days or when something gets cancelled and they have to come up with something quickly.

There really is no question in my mind that it is indeed a bird.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by RiotComing

Of course, it's fair to address the issues of why someone would submit a story like this, and why Sunday News went ahead to publish it.

Is this a sign of a change? Your impressions are invited..

[edit on 16-7-2006 by RiotComing]

RiotComing-

Take a look at my "experiement" I've started within this community, and you might know your answer. I had some hypothesis, and I asked everyone to join my experiements with the theta state, and also an experiment in sending love to the world, with the intention for the truth to finally be revealed.

Check out my thread....so far there are over 5,000 hits, and 8 pages.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 17-7-2006 by nikiano]

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I've seen a lot of "Bird" UFOs, but that one looks a bit more authentic, but then again, it's a pretty inconclusive picture.

join