It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Confusion over effects of nuclear bomb.

page: 1

join
share:
CX

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Can anyone recommend a good site that explains the effects of nuclear payloads?

Yesterday i had a conversation on this subject and i was suprised that lots of people think that every nuclear attack, even with one missile, will end like Hiroshima. I have spoken to people that are worried stiff even about nuclear testing as they thing that to test such a missile, you would have to subject the environment to Hiroshima type damage.

As you can imagine, with the whole N.K thing going on, that means there are going to be a lot of worried people out there, and sometimes it will be unwarranted, then again, sometimes not.

What i'm after is a basic site that explains about payloads and typical effects. How exactly do they test these things, i mean how much space is required? Are N.K able to test such devestating missiles effectively?

Thanks in advance.

CX.

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 08:09 AM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

That should help

Try looking into "Trinity And Beyond". It is a documentary made about the history and furture of nuclear weapons. A rather good film.

It is 61 years today (July 16th) since the first ever detonation of a nuclear device.

As for North Korea - They would never get away with testing a Nuke without the rest of the world knowing about it. That whole country would be covered by satellite.

After seeing the reaction to missile tests, imagine how the world would react to a nuke test. North Korea would be sanctioned to the point where they could not afford to make a nuclear weapon.

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 08:10 AM
link   
This should help to explain the varied effects of different payloads and types of detonations.

www.fas.org...

Also, here is a Nuclear Weapons Effects Calculator.

www.fas.org...

Hope this helps you to gain a better understanding.

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 09:39 AM
link   
The most somprehensive site on teh web about nuclear weapons.

nuclearweaponarchive.org...

CX

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Thanks for that everyone, much appreciated.

CX.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 08:55 AM
link   
CX, I reccommend my earlier thread 'The Characteristics and Effects of a Nuclear Weapon', it contains most of what you are looking for.

top topics

join