It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saladin, Islamic superhero

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Saladin the animated series - trailer
A Malaysian animation studio has begun producion of a hollywood-style action hero adventure series for kids casting Saladin as a chivalrous noble hero against the evil crusader king. Watch the trailer, and it suggests a far darker theme and message...

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 11:57 PM
link   
lol wtf, our children are gonna be really confused...first everyone on tv demonizes islam and now all of a sudden we got children programs like this one that glorify islamic heroes such as saladin. (Note: I'm not saying Saladin was a bad guy. He wasnt even half as bad as some of the crusaders were.)

Cug

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Ummmm what is the problem with that?

A studio in a Islamic country is producing an Islamic themed film with a positive spin. Oh the shock and horror of it all!! The next thing you know a studio in a mostly Christian country is going to make a Christian film with a positive spin!!!!

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Honestly it sounds good to me. Saladin was, by almost all contemporary accounts, a well-respected leader, one not prone to fits of religious excess. He was forgiving to the Christian crusaders who, after the first and second crusades were (to put it lightly) a bit overzealous when it came to the Muslim inhabitants of the region.

So if a Malasian company wants to make that guy out to be a role-model for either (or both) sides, it sounds pretty good to me.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I bet this show would get it's but kicked in the ratings if Sponge Bob were on there.

No, seriously though, I don't see much wrong with this. The only one thing I can think of is that if you tried to make a cartoon in an Islamic country where the "hero" was a bumbling moron of a terrorist, like American Dad for example, you'd probably get beheaded by some dudes in dirty pajama's. That's the big difference.

new topics

top topics

join