It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

multiple-state voting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 10:27 PM
link   
In my research I have come to the hypothesis that there are no safeguards to prevent a type of voting fraud that has doubtless been exploited in recent elections- the potential for voting in multiple states to unduly influence the tally in swing states. I'm not sure if it's been mentioned before on this forum, but what is to prevent one to register in several different states in which he claims residence and pays property tax? I know I'm going out on a limb here, but this could be the hidden motive behind these "early voting"
initiatives. Although these initiatives do seem like a "win-win" situation for all voters on the surface by opening a window of several days for those who might not be able to make it to the polls on Election Day, the unintended (or intended, depending on how you look at the picture) consequence of this is that it gives people with residences in multiple states the time needed for such interstate travel. It's important to note that the early voting began only recently, right around the time we started having these fishy elections.

[edit on 15-7-2006 by Dubious_Skunk]

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Dubious. I agree with you. If people care enough to want to vote, they should care enough to allow themselves time to make the time on election-day, or make provisions for an absentee ballot to be sent to them.

If people in other countries can walk for quite literally days to get to the ballot box, then Americans should certainly be able to make it to the polls without the provision of early balloting.

Early balloting just, to me anyway, is too easily subverted by nefarious folks out to further their agenda by whatever means neccessary. They will anyway, but why make their mission any easier than it is already? Just my humble opinion.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I don't see why early voting would be important to such a scheme. Absentee ballots can be used just as easily without traveling at all, all you have to do then is have some mail forwarded.

join