It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Daily Aspirin Use Linked with Pancreatic Cancer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 03:27 PM
link   
www.reuters.com...

Daily Aspirin Use Linked with Pancreatic Cancer
Mon October 27, 2003 12:51 PM ET

By Maggie Fox, Health and Science Correspondent
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Women who take an aspirin a day -- which millions do to prevent heart attack and stroke as well as to treat headaches -- may raise their risk of getting deadly pancreatic cancer, U.S. researchers said on Monday.
Those who took 14 tablets or more per week had an 86 percent greater risk of pancreatic cancer than non-users. The nurses who took between six and 13 tablets had a 41 percent higher risk, while those who only took one to three aspirins a week had an 11 percent greater risk.

---
Very disappointing to see. It seems to be a catch-22. It is a good idea to take one a day, but it might be a contributing risk factor.
I lost my dad to pancreatic cancer.

Peace,
BG

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 03:31 PM
link   
the more i see articles like this the more it reminds that nothing in this world is completely good for you. there will always be something in everything we do that can or will harm us in some way. many people dont keep this in mind and then wind up over reacting to things like this with every new articles linking something bad to something good.

i also think it serves to teach us that good and bad things are directly connected and you cant remove one without removing the other.

posted on Oct, 29 2003 @ 06:43 PM
link   
That's very strange, as I recall reading in a Medical journal about 3 years ago that they'd discovered that large doses of Asprin actually killed cancer cells.

The only drawback to that is that if you constantly ingest large doses of Asprin you can severely screw up your insides.

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by SabbyJ

With this search, there's 620,000 hits, where do I start? There is documented research, again, w/ many hits, this time around 7,000, that one needs sorting through to know true effects of... personally, from holistic (certified) doctors -- they say avoid aspirin.

top topics

join