It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kim Campbell

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Kim Campbell was a former prime minister of Canada, the first, and so far only female prime minister.

But I don't remember electing her. Was there an election and she won?

I do remember that she didn't last too long. She was in and out of the prime minister's office faster than you can say Oh Canada.

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Wikpedia has an informative page about Kim Campbell

en.wikipedia.org...

In February, Prime Minister Brian Mulroney announced his retirement from politics. Campbell defeated Jean Charest at the Progressive Conservative leadership convention that June. Governor General Ray Hnatyshyn formally appointed her Prime Minister on 25 June. As a concession to Charest, Campbell appointed him to the largely ceremonial post of Deputy Prime Minister.
Also in 1993, Campbell and Eddy were divorced, although the divorce was finalized before she was sworn in as Prime Minister.

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I think Kim almost got elected. I remember that I was going to vote PC in that election. I was happy Mulroney was out and kind of liked Kim Campbell.

Then I saw the ad they produced making fun of Jean Chretien's face. It was horrible. They showed pictures of him talking and smiling with voiceovers of people saying things like 'I'd be embarrassed to have him represent our country' and 'I don't want a PM who can't speak English properly'. Kim ordered the ads pulled off the air, but not until a lot of people saw them and were disgusted with the PC's.

I ended up giving Hedy Fry my vote, for the first and last time.

new topics

join